Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's in a Name?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM
  • 26 Replies

How did you select your childs name?

by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tootsie-roll
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM

hubs and i liked keifer sutherland, so we named him keifer and his middle name is my FILs middle name

newfound09
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Weslee was a  name I liked and raymond is his grandfather and also great grandfathers name.

Danica because i love Danica Patrick and Nicole is my sisters middle name.

Carter was my sisters pick and William is my dads middle name.

karla85
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM
I firmly believe that a name helps define the personality of people so: Karla is name and ex's suggestion, Montserrat I got it from a tv star whose personality I love.
Cesar is ex's first name and his suggestion and Eduardo is my best friend's middle name and he is one of the most amazing guys Ive ever known, very sweet and a total gentleman.
Hector is a tv host's name who is very funny and nice, and Osvaldo was ex's idea, he got it from ds1 God father who is a very nice guy, a great father, and has an overall great personality.
I have to add that ex's suggestions were the second name he gave me after turning down his dumb first ideas down, he gave me:
Dd: America (his favorite soccer team)
Ds1: Rominho (a brazilian soccer player)
Ds2: Lex (from smallville)
Take in consideration that we are Mexican and those names sounded ridiculous with his last name lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM

All 3 of my kids' names, both first and middle, have family ties.

Tabs0902008
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 8:39 PM

yes, he is a Jr!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Bump
atyou
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM
We just loved them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM

My daughter's name is Evannoah Cecilia. I've always liked boy names for girls and I loved the names Evan and Noah. I couldn't decide between them so I put them together, and it turned out to be a very feminine name! Cecilia was my hubby's grandmother's name. 

chichiwvu
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Dh brought home Hailey and it just fit. Her middle name is Elizabeth, in my mind for elizabeth bennett LOL - I read a ton of jane austen while pregnant. DH let me do it because my cousin's name is elizabeth.

dd2 was very difficult. We were thinking Lenore, which was his great grandmother's name, and we kept saying "Eleanor". As soon as I found out my mom's middle name was Avington I loved it. I originally wanted to call her avington and then "avi" for short, but dh was like "NO WAY!" We threw around about 100 names but none of them were "IT".Then finally, two days before she was born, DH said, "Eleanor Avington" and it was like Eureka!. We like to have one family name

acidpop
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Athena is the greek goddess of war and wisdom and Rayne is the combo of my mil and fil name. Ray and Jane.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured