Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY COMMENT/REPLY ANONYMOUSLY?!?!?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

OK, I get the point of "confessing" anonymously, but if you're commenting/replying to someone else's post, why would you do so anon? I just came across a few VERY rude responses that were done so anonymously and it just makes me think that if you're not brave(don't really know what else to call it) enough to post it as yourself, then maybe you shouldn't post the comment at all! Sorry, but I just don't like internet bullies, especially if you're hiding behind the "ANONYMOUS" feature!

by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2011 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this
The replies can still be reported. People feel more comfortable anon
twinkletoes83
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 6:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm pretty sure cafemom knows who posts what even if it is anon. But there are some topics people feel more comfortable posting anon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2011 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm new and haven't created a profile or whatever it is yet..this is my 2nd comment..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2011 at 6:58 PM
4 moms liked this

I like being unknown, but I would never be an internet bully =\ makes me cranky when I see responses by people who are just being jerks! Id rather someone be frank and blunt, but there is a way of being nice about it!

poohlover515
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Ahhhh, well see there! I didn't know you could reply without being a member! Huh!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm new and haven't created a profile or whatever it is yet..this is my 2nd comment..lol

poohlover515
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You are absolutely right! But I just got he feeling that, in this instance, the member wouldn't have even said anything if they had to show who they were.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like being unknown, but I would never be an internet bully =\ makes me cranky when I see responses by people who are just being jerks! Id rather someone be frank and blunt, but there is a way of being nice about it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I could not agree more!! ;) 

Quoting poohlover515:

You are absolutely right! But I just got he feeling that, in this instance, the member wouldn't have even said anything if they had to show who they were.

Quoting Anonymous:

poohlover515
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Thats true! There was a "SEX" question earlier, and a lot of the ppl responded anon! I

Quoting twinkletoes83:

I'm pretty sure cafemom knows who posts what even if it is anon. But there are some topics people feel more comfortable posting anon.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2011 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I don't care if I'm known when I comment or post. Grow some balls. It's not like these people know you in real life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I post anonYmouslt because my screen name is the same here and on Facebook. I enjoy reading and responding, but would rather not have someone google my screen name and see what I write in here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN