Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm depressed and I don't know why or what to do...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I just feel so blue and blah here recently. All weekend I have done nothing and have picked fights with dh and just been so bleh feeling and I have no clue why. It seems like it just crept up on me. It's just weird. I have had problems with depression before but it was after I had my first dd. I just can't figure out why I am like this all of a sudden. I feel so fatigued and sleepy. I want to talk to a dr and I know I may need meds but I don't have any insurance, so that's impossible. I just have no clue as to how to shake this. I hate feeling like this but I don't have any energy to do anything, I feel so helpless. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2011 at 4:57 PM

(((hugs)))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 30, 2011 at 5:08 PM

i feel the EXACT same way!

madre420
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Are you pregnant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM

No but I should be starting my period soon.

Quoting madre420:

Are you pregnant?

madre420
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We all have feelings like this from time to time. Something is going on that maybe you don't want to deal with...It could be that you've been burning the candle at both ends and with yr period coming yr body just wants you to rest and take time for you, by doing nothing, includung thinking. If you can take a day just to do what you want to do even if that means sleeping all day. Weather change brings on the same thing for me after a couple days I'm back to normal (what ever that is).

DefiningMyself
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I usually get more depressed/angry around my period... that's usually how I know I'm going to start. Maybe it's just that? Try resting some and see what happens.

Briandanielsmom
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a deep breath and go take a walk. Depression is something everybody feels at a certain point and it makes me mad to see everyone turn to medecine. I had my son 9 years ago and he had heart surgery at 2 weeks old, I had my tube tied and they took one of my ovary out and I had a c section. So can you imagine my hormones. I sat at the hospital for a whole month rocking my son instead of being at home relaxing and getting better. It took me 6 months to come back and everyone told me I needed medicine but I refused. Why don't you go look at other people's house, the way they live, go try and do some volunteer work to see the mothers who are raising their kids by themselves, go look at the world and realize that you have everything you need to be happy and that you are just down on yourself for no reason. Go to a children's hospital and go work with kids that have leukemia and look at their parents while they wait for their children to die.Sorry this is probably not the answer you are looking for but I just hate people whining for no reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Well I'm not whining. I just thought I could come here and get advice on what to do about my depression. I have dealt with depression pretty much my whole life. I was molested when I was five and it lasted for several years and pretty much had a crappy childhood. And then when I had my 1st dd, I became even more depressed. I finally got some meds years later b/c I knew I could never shake the feeling. I was on them while I had insurance then I moved and no longer got insurance anymore, so I had to ween myself off of them. No, I'm probably nowhere near as depressed as I use to be but it definitely hasn't went away. I just feel it creeping back up on me, slowly but surely. And I do believe that they made the meds so people could get help. Maybe it was easy for you to get rid of your depression without meds but for some it's not so easy and they need the meds to help. Thanks for your advice though. Very kind of you and it does sound like a good idea. :)

Quoting Briandanielsmom:

Take a deep breath and go take a walk. Depression is something everybody feels at a certain point and it makes me mad to see everyone turn to medecine. I had my son 9 years ago and he had heart surgery at 2 weeks old, I had my tube tied and they took one of my ovary out and I had a c section. So can you imagine my hormones. I sat at the hospital for a whole month rocking my son instead of being at home relaxing and getting better. It took me 6 months to come back and everyone told me I needed medicine but I refused. Why don't you go look at other people's house, the way they live, go try and do some volunteer work to see the mothers who are raising their kids by themselves, go look at the world and realize that you have everything you need to be happy and that you are just down on yourself for no reason. Go to a children's hospital and go work with kids that have leukemia and look at their parents while they wait for their children to die.Sorry this is probably not the answer you are looking for but I just hate people whining for no reason.

marybutler2004
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM

GO TO YOUR LOCAL ER AND EXPLAIN YOUR FEELINGS TO THEM...IF ITS ALL OF A SUDDEN IT COULD BE MEDICAL. I HAD THAT FEELING ALSO AND I WAS CRING ALOT FOR NO REASON AND I WENT TO ER AND THEY DIAGNOSED ME WITH CLINICAL DEPRESSION. I WAS ONLY ON MEDS FOR A SHORT TIME SO HOPEFULLY IT WONT BE A SERIOUS THING FOR YOU. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU HERE IN GA.

.LoVeMyBuG.
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I could have wrote this myself! Only I know why I am miserable, the weather here sucks, I hate the cold and rain, I hate being stuck inside so much, I hate having no friends or family near by, blah blah... 

I wish I had more advise for you, but the one thing I can tell you is that ONLY YOU can snap yourself out of it, no one can do it for you. Act happy, fake a smile, until you don't have to fake it anymore. I know it's hard, I have been there. Hang in there, try and keep busy it helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN