Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why did you marry your hubby or with your bf

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

was it love,money,didnt want to e alone ...be honest 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
redhead-bedhead
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:16 AM

We began dating when I was 15 and I fell in love with him. 

-Mana-
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I married him because we love each other and we get along so freakishly well. I knew I would never find anyone I am as compatible with. We lived together for over a year before we started seriously talking about marriage, and in all that time he did not drive me crazy, I never wanted to leave, I never felt smothered or missed my privacy and solitude (I am not a very social person, I love being alone). Before him, I had only ever lived with my exes for a few months before I couldn't take any more, it was always too much having someone else around all the time. So I knew I was marrying the right guy, because I still loved being with him. And I still do :)

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Sometimes people that just meet us assume that I married my husband for money.  I try to keep up on fashoin trends, keep my hair and nails done, etc.  He looks a little like one of the guys from  revenge of the nerds.  His hair is always messy, I have to take clothes away from him or he will go to the office (where he is an executive in a fortune 500 investment company) in clothes with holes in them.  He can be a real mess if im not there reminding him to shave, brush his hair, etc.  They even issued a new dress code at his office for executives that I think may be aimed at him... no hawiian shirts, no tennies, no jeans.  He has to wear a suit and tie.  He is a computer genius but can get overly involved in a tech issue at work and gets spacey.

Then I tell people how we met.  His mother brought him to the hospital the day I was born.  He was my neighbor.  No matter how bratty I was to him he always protected me and was kind to me.  Even in HS when I was a cheerleader and he was the chess geek being pushed around by the football players asking me for dates he was kind to me.  I did not always deserve his patience.  When I was old enough to date he asked me out.  I went even though all my friends teased me and some even stopped being my friend.  He brought me a small gift that night, and for every date.  Sometimes it was something from a gumball machine, sometimes flowers, but always something that reminded him of me.  He treated me like I was his fantasy girl and he was lucky I even talked to him

He still looks at me like im a fantasy though nearly 25 years have given me a few crows feet and grey hairs.  Ive put on some weight yet he looks at me like he looked at that lovely blonde cheerleader so many years ago.  He still brings me flowers and other presents that remind him of me.  He is truely the finest man I know and I look at him the way he deserves to be looked at, like any womans fantasy

You may see us on the street and look at our home and think "she married him for the money"  but I didnt.  I loved him years before he had any. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Because he is in the military and it was the only way we could be together financially. I didn't have the money or resources to move to Texas and pay rent on my own. Of course I love him, but I would have preferred to date him longer than get married so quick because there is so much about him that I can't freaken stand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quirky_mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I married my husband because he is the most caring and loving guy. He's also a man's man, which really turns me on. We see eye to eye on every importains issue and I've been blessed that he supports me (finantually as well as emotionally) staying home to raise our daughter. It's been 2 1/2 years and if possible I love him more now than when we first got married!

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I married my ex because I was told that it's best to marry someone you could be friends with and get along with. We got along great until it came time to grow up and face responsibilities of being parents and whatnot then I realized he'd never be more mature than a spoiled 13yr old. 

The guy I'm with now is in part because he's held the same job for over 30yrs, to me that says he knows how to work. He stayed in his first marriage until his children were all adults even though he didn't even share a room with his wife after the first 5yrs was gone. She did nothing a wife should do although she stayed home while he worked to support all of them he then did the cleaning, cooking and everything else. He could have left her and just payed child support but he thought it more important to stay for his children. He has a great relationship with his adult children now. The fact he found his children's well being more important than his own happiness says a lot to me. That's the kind of guy I want my children to grow up around. 

He's really great in the sack too. :) Very giving man. 

crystalplus1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I found my hubby on the Internet when i was 14. and he was 27, we where just friends until i was 17 then i guess we both started getting feelings for each other, i moved up to ga to help my grandmother and we met up that year on Valentine's day, things didn't work at grandmas so i moved in with him, got pregnant 3 months later then got married on feb 18th. we are a very happy family.

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Would you allow your child to do this?  Im sure you are happy and im not judging what you personally have in your life- I dont know you.  I dont know your story but Id go crazy.  There is no way my 14 year old would be buddies with some guy that is nearly 30.  My assumption would be there is something wrong with a guy that has the maturity level that would be interested in socializing with my typical maturity child. (You may be very mature, once again im saying from a mothers perspective with my child- not your particular situation).  I would make it clear to his employer, family and anyone else I could find he had friends that were 14 year old girls against parent wishes.  If I found out they were having sex- like if she was pregnant before 18, I would have him arrested for rape and he would be a registered offender forever. 
No way would this be happening but I assume your home life wasnt grand based on the fact you didnt live with your parents and couldnt even make it work with grandma.

Quoting crystalplus1:

I found my hubby on the Internet when i was 14. and he was 27, we where just friends until i was 17 then i guess we both started getting feelings for each other, i moved up to ga to help my grandmother and we met up that year on Valentine's day, things didn't work at grandmas so i moved in with him, got pregnant 3 months later then got married on feb 18th. we are a very happy family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:08 AM

why did you make this question?

sweetyazfl
by Yaz on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Because I love him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)