Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DEAD BEAT CHILDREN!!! (my confession for the day)

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 4:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

I HATE DEALING WITH DEAD BEAT CHILDREN!!!

OKAY, okay, let me explain! I work in a pharmacy that mainly deals with long term care patients, basically elderly people in nursing homes. And I couldn't tell you how many times a day I have to call a patients responsible party, who happens to be thier child, and they just absolutely don't care! I had a woman literally LAUGH and say she's not worried about her mother's insurance cause she'll be dead soon anyway. I know I don't know thier stories, but that just breaks my heart/drives me nuts!

RANT OVER!!!! There, I feel better now!!!

by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsFlores_2006
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 4:27 PM

OMG! these are heartless ppl that will be forever haunted by how they mistreated their parents. outrages how can some one say that " She'll be dead soon,anyway!" WOW! Some one is going to go through hell in their elder years.. what a bitch...

Im sorry you have to deal with dumbasses like that on a daily basis..

aka_speezolove
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2011 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I can understand your frustration, and I am glad you realise you may not know the whole story. While its very sad, maybe the person has become numb to her parent dying soon (emotionally detached). Maybe that person was abused by thier parents. Its sad all the way around :(

auroragold
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM

WHAT?!?!   That is outrageous!

In those instances, are you able to report as elder abuse?

poohlover515
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 5:41 PM

No, I wish I could tho!

Quoting auroragold:

WHAT?!?!   That is outrageous!

In those instances, are you able to report as elder abuse?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2011 at 5:49 PM
Amen! I work in a hiv pharmacy and it sucks sometimes. I have to harrass them to take meds they need to live. All because they don't want to pay a dollar for their meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poohlover515
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 6:00 PM

OH I know ALL about that, right out of college, I worked for "insert BIG CHAIN PHARMACY here" and ppl would come in with thier $200 coach bags and complain about a $0.50 copay! REALLY?!?!? I hated working retail!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Amen! I work in a hiv pharmacy and it sucks sometimes. I have to harrass them to take meds they need to live. All because they don't want to pay a dollar for their meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM

bump

lalaboosh
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Am I a deadbeat child? My mom has alzheimers and no one believed me she was losing it until she had me arrested for no reason. Before that she'd been emotionally abusive and favored my sister always. She dropped out of community college, then got accepted at Cornish and my mom gave her over $10, 000 just to get knocked up and drop out again, but I wanted a cosigner on a loan for massage school and she refused. She paid for both my sisters weddings, but wouldn't even LOOK at dresses when I was engaged. She always called me fat and sometimes even called me stupid. My sister took over her care and honestly I hope she dies soon so I can move on. I wanted to care for her, explore treatment options, NOT GIVE Up0, but she didn't want to bother changing power of attorney. I can't trust my sister, so I can't see my mom. My mok was pretty much an engineer and within a year of getting sick she lost her job because she couldn't do it anymore. She was diagnosed at 58. Seriously, I feel guilty and angry and confused and I don't know what to do.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I do understand that frusration. I worked in a nursing home for years. . .it was heartbreaking sometimes. I realize I didn't know both sides of their stories but it was sad to see some of the residents never get family in and such.

lilbit53009
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM

i think what that lady said about her mom was mean...but you don't know people's situations.

maybe they're estranged from their parents, or being forced to care for their parents when they don't want to because of things in the past.

i know if my FIL got sick and someone called us about it we'd laugh...he's an evil person

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured