Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I smoked meth for the first time on my 42nd birthday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was out with my neighbor to get a few drinks and ran into some young people. we all went back to her place, I was drunk and before I know it there's a glass pipe being handed to me. I said several times I didn't want any so then this really cute 24 yr old kid sticks the pipe near my mouth and tells me to inhale slowly. I felt trapped and so I did it. I hated it, it was nasty and could not understand what was supposed to be so wonderful about this drug. I have 4 adult kids and a husband what if they ever were to find out? we live in a very small town. So small this 24 yr old kid was telling me stories about my one daughter and her bartending job and the things she's into. So I am repulsed at myself and I am happy I hated it and never got hooked. I just worry about this getting back to my husband who is well liked and all it will take is the wrong guy saying something and then there is my daughter and her fiinding out. All I can do is hope this stays a secret.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't see why anyone would ever want to try that crap after seeing what it does to People. Well good thing you hated it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM
8 moms liked this

Stop getting drunk and going places with strangers.  Make some good friends who do better things with their time or stay home with your family.  What are you doing hanging out with people half your age and getting drunk, anyway?

Sounds like those same young people are going to get to your daughter too if you don't start setting a good example. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I  knew all these people and it was my birthday not a nightly deal. Before this I had not been to a bar in many months. again these were not strangers...its a small town there are no strangers when it's a small town

Vibrant.Heart
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

So many things wrong with this post.  Why, after staying away from meth for 42 years, would you just do it?  I don't get it.  At least I didn't really know much better at 17 to get hooked on it.  And an FYI, I hated it the first time I tried it, too.  Most people do.  

My advice?  Stay away from those fucking people.  You are setting a terrible example to your children (grown or not, you are still an example).  I can't imagine your husband won't find out, it being a small town, and I'm sure those people aren't exactly discreet about their drug use (even if they are, again, it's a small town).  

All I can really muster up right now, other than what I just said,  is a mild shaking of my head.  

arielsmomma1020
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Talking from experience...meth is a very addictive drug...my advice...stay far far away...y not just tell ur husband before he finds out from someone else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspirel
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM

People who engage in the usage of hard socially unacceptable drugs usually dont run around telling non drug users about their nights out.So I wouldn't worry about it too much. At 42 years old you felt trapped? I would have smacked that thing right out of his hand and say"i said no".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

So you did it one fucking time. So, what. The world is not coming to an end. We are only human. We are not perfect. Don't worry about it.

kittn370
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

MIL?  Is that you?  Meth is trash and anyone who would try it is obviously not very smart.  Just sayin'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2011 at 1:06 AM

You're supposed to rise above peer pressure. Obviously you wanted to do it in some area of your head.

Orionsgirl
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

That whole story is pretty pathetic. 42, drunk, young people, meth. Seriously? Grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN