Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child neglect- not me but I have to vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
im not suppose to tell anyone so I'm posting anonymously so I can vent.. My sister has been neglecting her child.. It's a lot so I'm not posting everything but everyone in the family realizes it and she's good at hiding it and making herself seem like a good mother and my mom contacted social services without giving any names because this child is already confused as to whose house she will be at on a day-to-day basis. My other sister is very stable and her and her husband want to take custody for the time being ( if needed they would be more than willingto take pernanent) we are all taking the next step to see if it can be approved. They told my mom everything that needs to be done and now it's just a matter of getting it all done but we are a little afraid of the other grandmother( she agrees her grandchild is neglected as well) might turn it into a big battle between herself and my sister who wants custody.. And of course my little sister is going to hate us all for this but my niece is more important.. Sorry just needed to get it all out
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:10 PM

that would be pretty tuff to deal with but you have it right you niece is more important and maybe one day down the line your sister will grow up and realize why you did what you did and be thankful for it

Rhiannon92
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I'm curious.. How is she neglecting her LO? I'm sure if that many people think so, than it must be, but you didn't mention sooo... It is really hard when that happens with someone you love. She needs to be told up front that what she is doing is wrong.. of course I don't actually know what it is that she is doing..

star33
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:15 PM

that's great that other family members r willing to help.i hope it all works out for the best.

kylandof4
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Im sorry you are going thru this .. Gotta be tough. In the end though you have to do what's best for that little girl. She comes first! She will be thankful in the long run as should your sister. Good luck. 

RTXmommy06
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:24 PM

bless your heart and your family's hearts for having something like this to deal with :( such a sad situation when parents can't take care of their children. Good luck with everything. It sounds like you all are concerned with what's in the best interest of the child, and that's what's most important. I'll say a prayer for you all :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Quoting Rhiannon92:

I'm curious.. How is she neglecting her LO? I'm sure if that many people think so, than it must be, but you didn't mention sooo... It is really hard when that happens with someone you love. She needs to be told up front that what she is doing is wrong.. of course I don't actually know what it is that she is doing..

She has been told.. She sends her dd off for 5 weeks at a time without changes of clothes or a carseat. They live with my dad and he said she puts baby to sleep then leaves and doesn't come back for days.. We suspect she's on drugs..our cousin who is clean now said my sister bought drugs from him and brought her daughter with her to buy the drugs.. That is really just the surface of it but I'd like to add that we were not raised this way... Our parents raised us to be good people but my little sister got very lost along the way and this situation is no reflection of the way we were raised. It makes me sick to my stomach because my and my df do everything to give our son a good life and my older sister is the same as me with her kids
toofewhours
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:37 PM

good luck with this situation and may God bless you all

Rhiannon92
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 12:52 PM

That must very hard. It seems your sister is really in need of some help. You just never know what it will take for someone to see the light though. Maybe an intervention? sometimes that doesn't work as planned if they feel "attacked". She needs someone who cares to reach out and help or she is going to have a very big wake up call. Maybe you guys taking custody of her DD will be that wake up call. I'm sorry you are going through this and I wish you all the best of luck. It is so wonderful and your sister is so lucky that she has a family who cares and can bring her DD into a safe loving enviornment with family instead of being tossed into the foster care system because she couldn't get her s*** together, because that is a hard road to go down and even harder to come back from.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rhiannon92:

She has been told.. She sends her dd off for 5 weeks at a time without changes of clothes or a carseat. They live with my dad and he said she puts baby to sleep then leaves and doesn't come back for days.. We suspect she's on drugs..our cousin who is clean now said my sister bought drugs from him and brought her daughter with her to buy the drugs.. That is really just the surface of it but I'd like to add that we were not raised this way... Our parents raised us to be good people but my little sister got very lost along the way and this situation is no reflection of the way we were raised. It makes me sick to my stomach because my and my df do everything to give our son a good life and my older sister is the same as me with her kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)