Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help....I keep having dreams about my ex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

so for the past year or so i keep having dreams about my ex-bf . I am in my early 20's and he was my bf when i was 15, he was my first real bf, we never had sex but we did fool around,we were only together for a few months, but even after we broke up we stayed friends, when i started going out with my current husband at the time he was my best friend,nothing sexual but there was still something there, he had his gf,and we would just tell each other  everything,we were always there for each other, he did alot for me and i did alot for him. we went to the same school and in the same classes so we were together everyday,and i just honestly loved him but as a friend at that time, after i had my first son, we lost touch just saw him like 3 times since, but he had tried to talk to me thru facebook and myspace ,i would write him back too, and i always found him attractive but i never actually met up with him. and now recently i just keep dreaming of him like at least once a week. its always about me and him  back at school and a couple, when i wake up i just feel like its so real, but its not, even when i have sex with my husband i sometimes imagine its him, and i feel very bad because i love my husband and kids and i dont want to loose them,i havent cheated,and i hope i dont,i just dont know what to do. the worst of all is that i know he is a player, and sometimes thats what makes me fantisize about him even more.i dont know i need help, any advice please 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

dont ever tell anyone in your real life this.  you dont want it getting back to your husband.  dont contact the guy, force yourself to stop thinking about him.  WHen he comes into your head just work on thinking about something else.  You have to let this go or you will regret it.  If you cant, tell your husband, file for divorce and then find your x.  It isnt right to test the water and keep your husband strung along while you figure it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM
It's just a dream and I'd try to block it. I'd also stop consciously imagining him when with your husband. Imagine someone else or no one at all but not anyone you could meet in life. Let the ex go as you know he is no good. Or let your husband go as this is not fair. I agree with telling no one and letting this fantasy go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2011 at 1:07 PM

No i dont want to leave my husband at all, i love him i would never want to give that up, im just really lost and confused, and again last night i had a dream of him :( 

caffinatedmama
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It's ok to have these dreams, as emotional as they are.  They are an escape to a safe and fun time of your life.  He was a big part of your life, and you don't need to forget about him.  You also do not need to be a part of his life now.  Enjoy the dreams for the good feelings they give you, but don't mistake them for something "real". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)