Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm scared to death about being a mom! (VENT)

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

So im 19 years old.   I'm also 34 weeks pregnant and it wasn't planned.   I dropped out of school 2 years ago to get a job and help my single mom take care of the house.   I never got my ged even though that what I intended on doing.   My job fired me as soon as they found out I was pregnant.   I'm too sick now to go back to work somewhere else.   My fiance hasn't got the point that a baby is on the way.   He's excited but doesn't have the drive to get a job.  He says he does but doesn't make the effort.   It makes me mad that I stay with him when he's so damn lazy.   But I can't bring myself to leave him.    I'm in love with him and he's in love with me.    I want to get a job when im done healing from my c section and I plan on working my ass off to take care of my baby girl.   I know it will be hard and I wish I had better support but for now I have to think as a single mom even though thats not the case. 

After the babies born I will get a job and I plan on moving out on my own as soon as I save the money and can afford to do it.   I live with my mom right now and she says I can stay as long as I need to.   I also intend on going to get my ged.   I want to go to school to be an ultrasound technician so I can make a better life for myself and my child.   With or without a mans help.  

I'm scared to death about it all though.   I know it's gonna be hard.   I know im gonna be stressed.   And I know there's gonna be days I want to give up.  But I also know that I can't and I won't.

I need inspiration to help me know I can do this and everything will be okay.

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BeautifulMom127
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM

BUMP!

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM
You can do it don't worry. My situation was different I was already out of the house but I was still young. I got pregnant at 20 and had my dd 2 months after my 21st bday. Yes you get tired from the lack of sleep but it is so worth it. I am a sahm but I am also a college student and class work can be difficult to do with a baby running around. You just have to budget your time wisely. Good luck.

toddler girlLoreena 5/14/2010

RingaroundPosey
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM

You can do it! You never know how strong you are until strong is all you got left! :) Hang in there mama. You will be a good mother because of your worry...mother's who never worry about their children's welfare, life, etc make me wonder. That's good that you got dreams...keep dreaming! Dream big...who says you can't accomplish them? You and your little girl will be ok...it's good that you have support from your mom too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
You will survive this as there are many single parents. I'd seek unemployment and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to fire someone for being pregnant. Might want to check that out. I'd also drop the bf or tell him he has one week to get a job or you are putting him on hold until he does. Hope all goes well with your baby, not sure how you know you will have a section? Stay at moms for as long as she will let you. Save for years for your own place. No point paying rent when you could save for a down payment and then you could have an affordable note on something you will one day own. You are in a bind but you will pull through. Only worry about you and your baby, cut bf loose if he won't man up. He won't getter better by you doing nothing. Oh and enjoy motherhood. There is no better job than being a mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

passged.com  its ged courses online its 189 you should check it out... Im 24 and dont have my ged yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I'm 20 and 36weeks pregnant wit ha little girl as well. I dropped out of high school 3 years ago to take care of the house and my little brother because my mom wouldn't. I did, however, get my GED as soon as I could. Now though I can't work or I'll lose my insurance and we can't afford the medical bills. My Dh has had his job for 3 years and is doing great there but they take him for granted and won't do what they're supposed to when it comes to raises and such. It's difficult but it does get easier, and if you have the support of your family, at least emotionally (but I'm guessing also financially since neither of you work) then things are easier to handle. 

ickybanana
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. :) You can do it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Bumper
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Bumpity bumper.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)