Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No money for more kids

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

DH and I are both 27 and just started over in a new state with new jobs. I was pregnant when I moved up here. DD is now 16 months old. I want another baby SO bad. I don't feel like our family is complete yet. But of course, reality sets in. Our apartment is not big enough for 2 children. We had to rely on Medicaid to deliver my daughter. We currently receive WIC and she is still on Medicaid. We make ends meet, but just barely. I'm not stupid. I'm not going to try for another baby until we are more financially stable. But that doesn't stop me from looking at the newborn boy clothes every time I go to a store...

This is an old post that got bumped for some reason. We have gotten off of assistance, are financially stable, and expecting our second daughter in July.

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
couponluv72
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I felt like you do, We had our youngest and i got fixed. We wanted more children, but we felt we were not financially responsible and in a good enough place to have more. But I would do that too, still look at newborn things and dream a bit. 

ickybanana
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM

I know how you feel. I would love to try for another when our son turns one, but in reality it will probably be when he's way older. Unless the magic money fairy magically gives me the what I need to be fully financially stable, I am a one child parent for a while. It sucks, but I don't wanna bring another child into our lives and end up neglecting what he/she needs because I am broke.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Good things come to those who wait.

Erika_Wheeler09
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:10 PM

at least you know its not a good time at one point im sure it will  be like op said good things come to those who wait i had my tubes tied because i knew we couldnt afford more kids..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Bumper
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:49 PM
I feel you..as a mom to an only (11 years old) I have, at times, had baby fever so severe it made me depressed..after my divorce, I put a hurting on my credit and dh supporting his children from his first marriage, we know having a child together will never be financially feasible. Breaks my heart but I have to remember to be thankful for what I do have. I hope you are in a good position to have your baby soon.. hugs
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I'm glad to hear that things have improved and you're able to have your new LO :)

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Congrats all around!
TammyKEJ
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 6:00 PM

well....since it got bumped anyways.....grats on the new little one soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN