Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So embarrassed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I am beyond embarrassed and i don't know who to talk about with. 

I wet my bed the other day. I'm a 29 year year old mom. i have absotutely NO history of bed wetting at all. i'm healthy, (at least no health problems were disovered at my last physical). i was having a very vivid dream that i was in the bathroom peeing and then i realized it was really happening! i immediately stopped the flow and ran to the bathroom and finished but it was too late, i wet myself! i started sobbing, i was so horrified. i am afraid its going to happen again and it's going to freak out and disgust my fiance. 

i don't know what to do. =/ 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I dont think that is unusual.  You were just in a really deep sleep and had to go.  I bet you have not been getting enough sleep lately!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM

OMG I would be embarased too but it sounds like you had a very vivid dream and had to actually go while dreaming of going. Where you very tired that night when you went to bed? You might have had a one time flash in the pan thing happen here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM
That happened to me once if it makes you feel any better. I too dreamed I was in the bathroom, woke up peeing myself!!! Thank god Dh didn't wake up! Never happened again though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I personally haven't had that happen, but I don't think it's abnormal.  When was your last physical?  I might go to the doctor to rule out a medical condition, such as diabetes.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 1:56 AM

don't feel bad. i know someone that farts alot when they sleep. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I have done that before. It is totally embarrassing! I couldn't tell my hubby who was still asleep next to me. I ended up washing the sheets and blankets without telling him too. It was a month after I actually starting sleeping all night again when our son was 3 months old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I used to dream that I was smoking a cigarrette and would wake up in a panic that I was actually doing it. LOL

Tara_Thirty
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:36 PM

The same thing happened to me a few times, but I was pregnant. DH woke up in a puddle a couple times, lol. But you know what, I have to deal with his nasty farts and burps. He can deal with a little pee, especially when I am carrying his child.! lol. I don't think it's abnormal in your situation. Sometimes, it just happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Don't beat yourself up over it.  It happens to everyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM

It's normal.  Bet your fiance has done it too.  My dh has done it a couple of times in all the years we've known each other.  Yes I'm not thrilled to have to wash sheets, etc but I'm not disgusted by him.  It's life.  Don't worry about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)