Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have days...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

where you have NO sympathy left for anyone?  I have never felt this way towards my kids but I have with other family members and friends.  It has gotten so bad that even seeing my mom cry for hours over the same old issues with my dad just turns me cold... I can't even offer a hug.  I feel nothing... just numbness.

I know the majority of these feeling are because I skipped my antidepressant the last few nights (I hurt my leg and have been taking pain meds... they made me loopy and forgetful).  Another reason maybe because I am tired of all of the drama and chaos the people around me create.

I am not shocked that I have this emotional detatchment but maybe I should be. Maybe it should worry me that it takes a pill to make me feel something for these people.  Maybe this is just a phase...  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I do have days like that, and people like that.  There's just only so much advice, sympathy, hugs, "it'll be ok'''s ,thoughts, etc that you can spend on people who don't do anything to help themselves before you just have enough.  There's nothing wrong with you.  

ickybanana
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Yeah. I know people who its the same stuff everytime, and I get tired of giving the same advice over and over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM

hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)