Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm leaving my 3yr old with Grandma for Christmas

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So my boyfriend(not my child's father) wants me to go with him to NYC for Christmas and he wants me to meet his family.  We live in different states right now.  So I'm leaving my 3yr old with my mom.  And leaving a few days before Christmas and I won't be back until 2-3days after Christmas.  I'll be gone about a week or so.  My child is only 3yrs old so I don't think they will remember this Christmas and really it's not a big deal.  My mom loves to spoil her only Grandchild and Santa will still come.  Santa will just come 2x.  Once with Grandma and once with Mommy.  My mom will let my kiddo open presents from her and a few from Santa including the stocking and we will do my presents and the rest of Santa's when I come home.  I'll still call but I just won't be home with my kiddo.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Replies (11-12):
LeKendria
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Why isn't your child going with you? Have you ever met this man before? Why doesn't he come meet your family first?

azcafemom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:25 AM
So I really want to know... What is it that you're looking to get from posting this?

Do you really expect that other moms are going to say, good for you??

And if they do, will that make you feel better about this decision?

Or, if enough people bash, will that change your plans? Do you parent according to what strangers on the Internet guilt you into?

I just really don't get it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)