Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im curious

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why does it bother you so much when a woman has an abortion?

Here is the thing, it has nothing to do with you. It's not your body and it's not your potential baby. It affects you in no way, shape or form. If you believe that people who do it are committing murder, well murder happens all the time. Children get murdered, adults get murdered, elderly people get murdered. Girls go missing and are never seen again, but I don't see you walking the streets holding signs that say "Don't murder It's bad". I do however see you sitting in front of clinics with signs of fetuses, etc. How is it worse that a fetus gets suctioned out of the woman's womb than when a little 6 yr old child gets molested and murdered? Yet you do nothing about the latter.

You waste your time sitting outside of a clinic instead. How many women have left because you shouted, "YOU MURDERER!", and how many have given you an uncomfortable look or shed a tear as they went inside, and had it done anyway? I am sure it is probably 1 out of every 1 million who leave because you scream at them and hold signs. It's probably even less than that.

What you are not considering is the fact that by the time a girl or woman is walking into that clinic, their decision has already been made. They have decided well before they saw your signs. I know when I had my 2 abortions, it would have taken God himself striking me down with lightning to change my mind, and even than, if I could have still managed to crawl into the building, I would have done it. I had no other way out. There was nothing I could do and this was the only way out. Both times there were women just like you sitting there screaming. Both times, not one person cancelled, or walked away, or listened to you, and 99% of us didn't even look at you before going in.

So how in the hell does it affect you so badly? Do you really believe that my fetus will be the one to grow up and cure cancer? Or be the next president? What if my fetus, unwanted, and unloved, and unable to be cared for properly, because I wasn't ready by any means, because a serial killer, the next Hitler, a drug dealer who gets stiffed by your fetus someday and shoots him or her? Because both are just as possible.

It's not your kid. If you want to adopt, don't blame me for not getting a kid. It is hard and expensive to get any kid. If you couldn't afford to adopt someone else's kid, how do you expect to be able to afford to adopt MINE? If you want to adopt, go ahead, but as I have stated before, my fetus does not have a label slapped on it, "Property of this poor sad woman who can't have a baby of her own". If your one of these women, I am so sorry you couldn't have a baby, but it's not my fault, my problem, my duty to fix it for you, or anything else. It's YOUR problem. Now I do feel sorry for you, but I don't feel sorry enough to go through 9 months of pregnancy, a painful labor and delivery, and the emotional toll it would take on me to hand my child to you to raise, all because you can't have kids. You have no rights over me, my body, or my fetus. I decide what happens to that. If you don't like it, oh friggin well, deal.

So please, HOW does this AFFECT YOU?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM

No answer soooo not surprised. Let me guess, well "It doesn't."

spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2011 at 3:27 PM
it doesn't bother me. I am not an abortion advocate, but I'm also about freedom of individual choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

For me life begins at conception.  For you it may begin at birth.  So 3 weeks into life.... You say 3 weeks old, I say 3 weeks gestation right?  So if you were at the park one day and saw a mother snap her babys neck and toss it in the garbage, what would you think?  That is what I think when I hear of an abortion.  It is just a matter of perception of where life begins.  I understand that for you it is not murder because of where you place the start of life.  Im sure you understand why it bothers me no matter what your child would become or if it would have been my child. 

I dont like the abortion debates because we will never agree but if you really want to know why it bothers people... I hope you found your answer.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

And incase you believe your post is how all pro life people are.... I have never tried to talk anyone out of an abortion.  I have never been to a clinic that performs them for any reason and I have never given money to a pro life movement.  I dont like it, but the only people I know that had them would not have given birth to a live child anyway.  Either the baby was deformed or the mothers life was at risk. 

I personally would take my chances and put my faith in God.  That is my choice, my body and my right.  I will respectfully offer my opinion when asked but on this subject I allow each woman to find her own path.

mamagreen08
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM

It doesn't effect me personally, but I can have an opinion about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM

But here is something wrong with your analysis. No abortions are performed where they can be seen. You aren't watching them. You don't even hear about them in news stories. Not only that, but don't you see a difference between a woman grabbing a newborn and choking it to death than a woman going in for basically a medical procedure?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

For me life begins at conception.  For you it may begin at birth.  So 3 weeks into life.... You say 3 weeks old, I say 3 weeks gestation right?  So if you were at the park one day and saw a mother snap her babys neck and toss it in the garbage, what would you think?  That is what I think when I hear of an abortion.  It is just a matter of perception of where life begins.  I understand that for you it is not murder because of where you place the start of life.  Im sure you understand why it bothers me no matter what your child would become or if it would have been my child. 

I dont like the abortion debates because we will never agree but if you really want to know why it bothers people... I hope you found your answer.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Well that is probably why im not running around like a lunatic like you decribed in your OP.  Out of sight out of mind.  I am just telling you why I feel abortion is wrong.  I think it is a life, it is as human to me as that baby is to you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But here is something wrong with your analysis. No abortions are performed where they can be seen. You aren't watching them. You don't even hear about them in news stories. Not only that, but don't you see a difference between a woman grabbing a newborn and choking it to death than a woman going in for basically a medical procedure?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM
It doesn't bother me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:22 PM

And we can change it to "you heard on the news a woman in her home choked her 3 week old baby."  SHE said it was just a baby and didnt feel a thing.  She might think it is none of your business.  Dont you still feel sick that it happened?  Im not even debating here that im right and you are wrong. Im just wondering if you understand why I feel that it is my business if someone has an abortion as birth control.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Well that is probably why im not running around like a lunatic like you decribed in your OP.  Out of sight out of mind.  I am just telling you why I feel abortion is wrong.  I think it is a life, it is as human to me as that baby is to you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

LoveBird89
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you know what I find funny? How people who are pro choice get more riled up than those who are pro life. I wonder...if you are so comfortable in your decisions or beliefs, why do you feel the need to lash out or be harsh? What's the point? We all have our own opinions, and our own beliefs....Shoving them down each others throats isn't going to solve a damn thing, is it? Do you think this post is going to change anyone's mind about how they feel about abortion? I highly doubt it.

Whether someone is prolife or prochoice, making a spectical of yourself, of a situation, and shoving your beliefs down someone's throat is never the way to go about things. It just pisses everyone off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)