Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a confession(Oh so LONG sorry)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have been wanting to get this out for years and now that I can make this  post anonymously I'm ready to reveal all! Please no bashing I have already had enough from close friends n family.

When my DH and I seperated 3 yrs ago I was alone with my 2 kids(living with my mom), I felt depressed, alone, not loved. So I'd go out every wednesday, friday-sunday. I'd get so drunk, hook up and act like I had no children and wasn't married. Well one night I wanted to go out and didn't have a sitter.......so I assumed the kids were sleep and I was a few doors down I'd leave them at home. That backfired...my mom came home before me, I was drunk got into a arguement with her took my kids and moved in with my best friend. A month later we moved back to my moms house.

Now I have 3 children. When DH and I got back together I needed a job and started dancing(not proud of) but once again I got caught up in the partying scene again. I just recently moved back with my mom(the kids too) but there are days where I'm haunted by my past and it tears me apart that I could do such a thing. I'm a mother and I acted like I was 18yrs old! Since then I'm ALWAYS home if I go out its just for the night....I think I go out once or twice a month. I just got a job(Yes a real job) LOL.

How do I move on from my past....to forget about it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:44 PM

You don't need to forget about it.  Forgetting the past always leads to repeating it.  Just remember that you're a different person now, and while you made mistakes in the past, you're not that person anymore.  I know I've made oh so many mistakes, both before children and with my children.  The only thing you can do is just do better.  Take responsibility and do better.

poohlover515
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:46 PM

This is what your situation sounds like to me. You were young, got into a serious relationship, he controlled your every move, and eventually you guys broke up! You got a taste of freedom and ran with it! I see this ALL THE TIME! Not saying this is your story, but I have  friends that have gone through this same tyoe of situation. It's not an easy thing to go through, but you made it! Enjoy your time with your kids now. No one is perfect, and you can move on from this! Best of luck!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Our past makes us who we are now.Your past made you a strong single mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:38 PM

you just gotta learn from your mistakes, it sounds like you are making good choices now just keep on that path and limit the drinking while you out and dont good out as often and if you feel like the drinking is the cause maybe you should give it up til you have it under control

ickybanana
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Thats what it sounds like to me too, and I agree with this.......

Quoting poohlover515:

This is what your situation sounds like to me. You were young, got into a serious relationship, he controlled your every move, and eventually you guys broke up! You got a taste of freedom and ran with it! I see this ALL THE TIME! Not saying this is your story, but I have  friends that have gone through this same tyoe of situation. It's not an easy thing to go through, but you made it! Enjoy your time with your kids now. No one is perfect, and you can move on from this! Best of luck!!!

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM

trust me that if we could forget about the past or a part of it everyones life would be much better lol theres nothing you can do to forget about your past but you can try to get a sitter for once a week so you can some me time and get a break from your daily life .

i have been a sahm since april and i was one also for 13 months and trust me is hard to be home all day taking care of the babies not adult interaction and no friends to chat with few days a month so i guess you got all these emotions inside and that was you way to get it out :)

i hope you feel better and that you trust yourself enough to wanting to change :) and to make the change happen :)

im 23 yrs old and i feel so fed up of no having friends taht i feel like running away sometimes but is too cold outside lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not alone. I was a single mom too and in the military and I partied like I was a teenager every single weekend until my daughter was 3yrs old. I couldn't wait until she would go to her dad's for the weekend simply so I could go out and get wasted. I feel really guilty for missing out on so much of her young childhood. However, I know I can't change it, she doesn't remember anything, and I will never be like that again. As long as you don't repeat the past, you can learn to forgive yourself :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Bp
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)