Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let him...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

CIO..

sorta..

My son would not stop crying. I just couldn't take it anymore. He's 1. Basically I set him down and said if you are going to cry, I'm not going to be in here. So I went to the bathroom and he stopped crying. I finished and looked in his room and he looks at me all innocently and lays his head on the pillow..

of course the moment I sat down to snuggle with him he got upset again, so I walked out again.. He cried for a minute then came out and found me about 20 feet away.. I called my mom to see what the status was on my phone (it's not even a month old and going to crap so she took it in since she was going that way anyway). He was fine. No longer fussy and just started playing.SMH

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM

It was more of a time out for mommy because I was ready to lose it.

Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I think walking away was the right thing to do.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM

:) thanks.. I felt so bad that I couldn't get him to calm and then felt worse for having to walk away.

Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Don't worry about it.  Sometimes it's good to let them self-soothe.  And you said it yourself, he calmed down when you walked away.  AND, he's one.  Definitely not too young to do that, IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

:) thanks.. I felt so bad that I couldn't get him to calm and then felt worse for having to walk away.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Sometimes you have to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summer11baby
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM

i think at a year old its ok to do that once in a while. dont feel guilty! its better then you getting stressed out and baby getting stressed out along with you.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)