Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

i feel like a terrible mother my daughter is such a great kid and we just don't have the money to give her everything i want to give her :/ we can afford the nessicary things like clothes and food its just the extras we have a hard time with and i just feel so horrible about it

sometimes it makes me want to give her more by giving her to someone who can give her those things even though im so attached to her

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
simple_ole_me
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Quality time and love means more than any toy out there. It's about memories, not money. Your daughter will realize that one day and she will love you for it.

bolz08
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey!  You stop right now, it would break your daughter's heart to know you even thought such a thing!  I promise you(and it is the truth) that those "extras' are just that "extra" and there are a ton of kids out there that get them but don't have what really matters.  Having parents that love, provide for you, and respect you as a person will be the only things that matter in the end.  Teach her how to work to get things for herself.  My parents didn't have a lot beyond the necessities for us growing up and I was(am:)) a really smart, good kid.  I learned how to get a job, go to school, and busted my butt for scholarships to college(took out my own loans too) and when you ask me about my childhood I have nothing but wonderful memories, in fact my mom says I think to highly of it:)  Please don't beat yourself up for this and don't ever think she would be better off because you can't afford the "best" of things or piano lessons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)