Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got too angry at LO

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My husband has been working seventy hr wks and I am recovering from a concussion. I was with tot for 13 waking hours today. He's typical rowdy tot you know? Just everywhere all at once with the understanding of "no" and the ability to ignore it.
Well, I have an unsteady rattan end table and he has to be told constantly no, don't shake the table. So that's what we were doing, he's got a leg of it shaking and I've another leg trying to hold it steady but then he jerked it and a half full soda and my iced coffee fell off and spilled absolutely everywhere. I lost it. I did what you never do. I hit out of anger. I popped the side of his head, my tiny LO who trusts me to protect and comfort him:(

Of course I was horrified at my action and after apologizing (so what?) and comforting, loving on him, I put him to bed right then for his safety and my sanity. It doesn't matter that I was stressed,had a headache, feeling depression or any of it... You never lash out in anger at your babies. I am so so sorry and I will never ever ever do it again.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2011 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leopard44
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 5:42 AM

When you say 'popped the side of his head' was it open handed or close fisted?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2011 at 5:48 AM
Open handed, like a regular bottom spank would be, but I didn't spank,did I? All body parts are off limits except hands and bottoms
ivy801
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Walk away next time, try to figure out solutions before losing the temper. Ask for help if you can.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm all for teaching kids limits and not removing things that they could break or destroy or hurt themselves on but maybe in this case, you should just remove the damn table if it's going to cause problems. Ya know??

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Bump
aurorarosepsych
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I agree next time walk away, and if the table is causing that much of an issue you should remove it.  Stuff happens, but this is one that should never happen again.

asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
"You put him to bed for his safety". That sentence is disturbing. If you can't handle your toddler, you need to leave him in the care of someone that can. That's not me being snarky, that's the truth.
SamMom912
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry momma,,, you sounded overwhelmed and unable to even think straight. Those are rough obstacles to overcome... Glad youve seen that as an error and next time you have a long day with your little one, make sure you have some supports in place to help you get thru. Meet up with friends, some activities to do together, books, games.. Plan for crazy rouwdy time to wear him out and quiet time for you both to rest. Hugs...

im glad you said sorry... I do want to just say that. I dont believe in spanking even when we are calm... To teach someone that when they dont listen to you or do things you way deserves a hit only reinforces that physical intimidation, fear and power. It teaches people to hit when things dont go their way... But Talking, explaining, and  listening will bring you and your son closer and get the same result.. Talking and calm earns respect...  Your fears around the table should have been explained. Unsteady, breakable, he could get hurt, etc... He may have understood why he should leave it alone... But maybe it didnt belong there either. I dont know how old he is... 

Hugs, we can only go forward. Try to learn from your mistake. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Time to find a new place for the table.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You're recovering from a concussion, and it seems you have no help, so you can't rest like you need to. Irritability, depression and all that can come with a concussion, like I'm sure you already know. And I'm sure this is not typical behavior for you.

Try to plan ahead for your day by preventing annoyances before they start, such as removing the table for the time being. You both will be okay. Just hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Why are people bumping these old posts?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)