Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dh left me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
About an hour ago. Ge packed up his shit and left me a not while I was in the shower that said "im done" on it. I don't know where he went...or what to think. A part of me wants this, but the other part has NO clue how im gonna be a single parent. I honestly cannot take care of my kids alone. I haven't had a night by myself in years...I don't want to be home alone with my kids overnight.
It's my fault this is happening. It goes along with my other post about not being able to get over my ex.
I am confused and can't sleep. I don't know what to do...
Im not terrified of being without him so much as I am having to handle my kids alone and knowing that it's my fault that this is happening. :*(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
ima.jellyfish
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:30 AM

That is a tricky one, you need to figure mentally out what you want, and than talk to him. I think he needs some space though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I'm sorry. You can make it through this, I am sure. Millions of women do, every year, but isn't this what you wanted? so you could give it a go with your Ex? I remember your post. I am sorry you're hurting, but you knew this was coming, and should have prepared yourself for even the possibility. Deal with your guilt, and make your decisions from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

You say your not worried about being with him and you can't get over your ex. All your worried is having to take care of your children. Why don't you just ask him to take full custody of the children. Problem solved. You don't have to be with your husband who you don't want. You don't have to take care of your children alone. And you can run after your ex and have the life you dream about.

arielsmomma1020
by BJ on Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM

did this come out of nowhere???

momof3superkids
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I'm so sorry, you will figure it all out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Was he spying in you? Does he see what you put on the computer?

dshady1
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM

OK...this isn't about you wanting your husband its about you being afraid to be alone with your children....you will get over it.  My first husband is the father of my 3 children and I couldn't even stand the sight of him at the end.  I cheated on him with an ex and he cheated on me several times before this.  On the night he left I panicked and actually begged him to come back.  I didn't want him, I just didn't know how to parent by myself.  It will come naturally and within a couple weeks it will be like you've always been doing it on your own.  If you love your husband and want to work things out then do it. But if you don't and you believe this separation is best for all involved then just move on and parent your children.  You can do it on your own.  Woman do it every day.

gmadiane
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM

so let me tell you what bothers me about your post, you did not say you want to work things out or you love him, you say your scared to do this alone, that will pass, if you cant work things out or you dont want to work things out you will be able to stand on your own and take care of your kids it willl be an adjustment but there are millions of single moms out there that do just fine, as far as the ex goes, it is really easy to romanticize an ex, remembering only the good things, an ex is an ex for a reason dont loose sight of that

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Maybe he went back to his ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Why are u so afraid to take care of your kids alone? I mean I'm sure you're glad your husband left because this is what u wanted,I read your other post. But its not like you've never had them on your own right? Just try and get yourself into a routine and things will be just fine. You can do this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)