Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a crappy mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I always thought I would be a great mom...........I love kids.  But now that I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old I am just exhausted.  So I will admit I let my 3 year old watch more tv then I ever wanted to.  He will watch several 20 minute shows in the morning and then a couple in the afternoon.  I try to do other things with him he just is so crazy it is hard to keep up.  Am I a horrible mom?  It is even more difficult since its rainy and cold outside :(

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kw.2
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM
You are not a horrible mom.. It's really hard nt to take the easy road when your stressed and tired ad busy, I did the same thing. Don't be hard on yourself. You care about your kids and love them and make sure they are taken care of. That makes you an amazing mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM

no...i've done the same thing with my son. before he was born we decided he wasn't watching tv until he was 2 and after that it would be limited to only like 1 show before bed time.

nope...didn't happen.  my son acts crazy alot of the time also, so it was was always easy to put on his shows so i could get some stuff done in the house. now whenever he's home the tv is usually on.  he doesn't really pay attention to it all the time but its on for backround noise. honestly, it's helped my sons development.  he watches nick jr all the time and he learns alot from the shows he watches. so now i don't beat myself up over it. as long as your interacting with him also and he's not just completely sitting in front of the tv zoned out all day long...he'll be fine :)

WhitleyLyles
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I dont think that makes you a bad mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Maybe a little lazy perhaps, but I think if you feel like it makes you a bad mom, then you might want to buy a few more books or go to the library and read to your kids more. If anything, it'll make you feel better.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:30 PM

You're not a bad mom. When my younger 2 were real little, I'd put dd down for a nap, set ds2 up w/ a sippy and a movie, and doze on the sofa on my more exhausted days. The tv is almost always on in our house b/c I like the background noise. The kids watch some, go play some, come back and watch a little, go play some more. As long as you are taking time during the day to play/interact w/ him, try to not worry about it. The interaction doesn't even have to be anything big. Kids that age love to help, so have him empty the spoons when you empty the dishwasher, let him help sweep the floor, give him a small rag to help you dust- he gets to feel like a big boy for helping and he gets time w/ you : )

pghmommyof5
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM

I admit I have those days but I do limit what the kids watch to educational things or veggietales. My 2 year old loves music and she watches the veggie tales sing yourself silly atleast once a day. She's dancing and singing through the whole thing lol and the other kids join in and dance with her so theyre interacting and there are some great lessons in there too. I usually put it on when im trying to get something done- clean or make dinner or something. Sometimes I feel bad bc so many ppl say tv is awful but I do try to balance it out with other activities and it works for us. We homeschool so there is alot  of time put into that and the kids are all getting A's so it obviously hasnt damaged them mentally lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)