Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the mods - "Anonymous Posting"

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 53 Replies
5 moms liked this

I get the need for Anonymous posting - especially for the "confessions" group.  However opening the door to post anonymously is allowing a WHOLE LOT of trolls and jackasses to completely bash and try to hurt the women who come here to get advice, confess, and find reassurance.

Can't there be something in the rules for this group that says no trolling with a def of what that is - the whole "if you aren't adding value to the conversation" etc.?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
There is no way to stop trolling. People still troll even without the anonymous feature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracie.Rathsack
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM

True - no way to stop - but cant the super hurtful posts be removed?

newfound09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Unless it is against TOS. No...

Quoting Tracie.Rathsack:

True - no way to stop - but cant the super hurtful posts be removed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Kali on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I just want to say I'm not trying to bash, but as in all forums - whether it be anonymous or not any woman on here looking for comfort or advice needs to ignore the bullshit posts. There is bashing and a lof of shit talking in every group. If what is being posted is truly something you, or anyone, can't let roll off your back then report it.

Tracie.Rathsack
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM

CM TOS or group TOS?  That's what I mean, can't there be something added to the group rules that defines it for the more extreme cases or at least allows us to sort of turn in the offender?  I'm not sure if mods/owners can see who the anony is.

IPorktheDead
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM
3 moms liked this

I personally love the trolls and feed them regularly. You can normally spot them by outrageous posts. Avoid them.

newfound09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM
This is a cafemom owned group so it is their TOS. The only way to turn in something is the report button.

Quoting Tracie.Rathsack:

CM TOS or group TOS?  That's what I mean, can't there be something added to the group rules that defines it for the more extreme cases or at least allows us to sort of turn in the offender?  I'm not sure if mods/owners can see who the anony is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracie.Rathsack
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahhh - gotcha.  Just a question really from me - I have spent the morning shaking my head. lol.  thanks.

Quoting newfound09:

This is a cafemom owned group so it is their TOS. The only way to turn in something is the report button.

Quoting Tracie.Rathsack:

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I also encourage mods to turn in any illegal behavior to the police.  If someone is hitting their child, doing drugs, stealing- ANYTHING that is illegal the police should be investigating that.  I realize this is confessions but I dont understand the value of posting something that is against the law and you are just bragging, not seeking advice to change your ways.  Obviously its meant to upset and offend people. 

Tracie.Rathsack
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Me too - just today I was told that I had a "...failed attempt at condescension..."

Big words for one who lives under a bridge :)

Quoting IPorktheDead:

I personally love the trolls and feed them regularly. You can normally spot them by outrageous posts. Avoid them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)