Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the mods - "Anonymous Posting"

I get the need for Anonymous posting - especially for the "confessions" group.  However opening the door to post anonymously is allowing a WHOLE LOT of trolls and jackasses to completely bash and try to hurt the women who come here to get advice, confess, and find reassurance.

Can't there be something in the rules for this group that says no trolling with a def of what that is - the whole "if you aren't adding value to the conversation" etc.?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Well I'll be a crybaby 'cause if I see an attack I'm reporting. I truly don't give crap what anyone thinks about me on here or IRL. I can defend myself if attacked, some ladies won't or cant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM
I don't understand what you mean by trolls. I was going through a very tough situation where I was done very wrong by someone I really cared about so I made an anonymous post & had alot of people making fun of my situation & calling me a troll. It made me feel worse & I really just needed to vent anonymously & maybe get some advice I probably hadn't thought of. Sometimes life is starnger than fiction & people really do go through extreme situations. I feel like you should just assume the same about anyone who posts on here because CafeMom is supposed to be about moms supporting moms. That's why I joined. It's nice to have something like this for us.
rlk121909
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I know its awful how people act but there going to do that no matter what. just like i posted asking for ways to naturally induce cuz its something i want to try thats really important to me and i had people calling me stupid. it got so bad i had to delete the post. people just like to hurt others it seems like

IPorktheDead
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM

got it...lol

Quoting Tracie.Rathsack:

bahhahaha, sent you a friend request.

Quoting IPorktheDead:

I know! It is better than shark week! I bait the trolls like mad just to watch them go bananas. Mean I know but damn it I am entertained for hours. 

Quoting Tracie.Rathsack:

LOL - I realize they may be able to use the words in every day language - but telling someone "awww that was a really big word!" also sends the trolls into a frothing frenzy.  :)

Quoting IPorktheDead:

Not really. You just are of the opinion that trolls are all stupid when in reality they are not. I get told that all the time and giggle. Use big words and be holier than thou and watch them go rabid! Too fun.

Quoting Tracie.Rathsack:

Me too - just today I was told that I had a "...failed attempt at condescension..."

Big words for one who lives under a bridge :)

Quoting IPorktheDead:

I personally love the trolls and feed them regularly. You can normally spot them by outrageous posts. Avoid them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM
What's a troll??? Please explain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I posted a real event that happened to me and this woman kept going on and on about it not being true. Yeah it was a really messed up thing, but it happened none the less. Some people can't seem to see past their nose.

i.heart.myboys
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Unfortunately can't stop trolls we can try. But it's not going to happen. 

Pink_Sunshine
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

What's a troll??? Please explain.

someone that posts inflammatory responses or posts for a negative reaction solely and purely for their own Entertainment.

Tracie.Rathsack
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM

A Troll is One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree with you, the only thing i dont understanding is posting anon and then posting something you are proud of or think is a good thing, then why post anon? i guess every one has some thing to be ashamed of but some times the post are " i like chocolate cake" posted my anon, of course this is a bad example but you know what i mean lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)