Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Christmas so you owe me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

The amount of people who feel because the calendar states a day that kids deserve presents makes me sick. If your kids deserve something than it is your job to give it to them. don't tell me you can't afford i as you type from your computer or worse yet your cell phone. Stop trying to justify your cable, cell phone, Internet. NONE of these are needs if you can't afford them. If you have to beg for presents than you can't afford the extras in life. I don't want to hear oh I need it for school either. People with degrees are not working now a days either.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM
4 moms liked this

I hate the commercialization of Christmas. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

No lies. I know people that are on Fs; but they can afford playstation and Wii.  it is sad when you can not pay for your own food but you will pay for a 300.00 game console.  honestly, if you can not afford things fir your kids; well tough luck!

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this

Im not really sure what the issue is here.  I donate to charities that give presents to families in need.  I enjoy doing that.  Nobody is forcing you to participate.  I do it because I was a teacher for over 10 years.  I know what its like for the kids that come back from christmas break without presents to brag about.  I dont think anyone expects people to provide.  We do because we like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM
I feel the same way! I have a sister inlaw that is always i need i need i need and she has 2 kids and one on the way and she gave my mother inlaw(who is well off) a list of all the things she needs or wants for xmas!annd her and her husband make over 900$ a wk!!!they have game systems,phones,laptops ect. Ticks me off so bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:12 AM

REALLY?! Are you new to cafemom? There are dozens of group especially for people to beg for things especialy Christmas gifts

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Im not really sure what the issue is here.  I donate to charities that give presents to families in need.  I enjoy doing that.  Nobody is forcing you to participate.  I do it because I was a teacher for over 10 years.  I know what its like for the kids that come back from christmas break without presents to brag about.  I dont think anyone expects people to provide.  We do because we like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM

i agree. As I said people have this mentality where they feel they hae to have things like flat screen tvs, iPhones, cable, internet as they expect people to foot their bill. I saw someone say yesterday they have cable bcause why should they have to live like they are ppor just because they don't have money. I know our cable bill is outrageous.

Quoting Anonymous:

No lies. I know people that are on Fs; but they can afford playstation and Wii.  it is sad when you can not pay for your own food but you will pay for a 300.00 game console.  honestly, if you can not afford things fir your kids; well tough luck!

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM

People ask,  you can say no.  Im not sure how this bothers you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

REALLY?! Are you new to cafemom? There are dozens of group especially for people to beg for things especialy Christmas gifts

Quoting NDADanceMom:

mikeyjavimami21
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM

This is the first year that my Mom won't be helping us buy christmas for our kids. We have never gotten toys for tots or donated gifts to us. I try to minimize the gift giving because it teaches them to feel entitled I think. I hate the commercialization and materialization of christmas. It's really about family being together!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM

My SIL is going to be 37 this year. She is VERY jealous that I have been a SAHM for over 12 years now. She did not give my DH a birthday gift this year which is fine. If we do not give her one in Jan though we would never hear the end of it. She always tries to play the poor me card (no kids to take care of) but ten on their anniversary they go away for 4 days & drop at least a grand. SMDH

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel the same way! I have a sister inlaw that is always i need i need i need and she has 2 kids and one on the way and she gave my mother inlaw(who is well off) a list of all the things she needs or wants for xmas!annd her and her husband make over 900$ a wk!!!they have game systems,phones,laptops ect. Ticks me off so bad

MamaRockstarOf2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Right! My MIL got these play dress up princess shoes for the girls to play w/at her house(my daughter who ijus turned 3 and my SIL's daughter who will b 3 soon) well the girls were havin fun playin w/em but my SIL threw a hissy fit bc she wanted to take them home for her kid...she literally ripped the shoes off my daughters feet and took them all home! THEY MAKE BANK and live in a small apartment but have everything imaginable!they go to concerts all the time and their kids are so spoiled ts pathetic! I HATE greedy b****es lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My SIL is going to be 37 this year. She is VERY jealous that I have been a SAHM for over 12 years now. She did not give my DH a birthday gift this year which is fine. If we do not give her one in Jan though we would never hear the end of it. She always tries to play the poor me card (no kids to take care of) but ten on their anniversary they go away for 4 days & drop at least a grand. SMDH

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)