• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me, My mom, My boyfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: What should I do?

Options:

Never tell them lol

Sit them down and talk

No Comment

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Okay. I know this sounds crazy but im going to try to be as openly honest as I can.

Boyfriend: I have been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years. He is soooo great and I love him so much and can honestly see a bright future with him. We love spending time together, etc.

My mom: loves me unconditionally! She doesn't care who I date as long as they truly love me and treat me right

Me : My mom knows my boyfriend but doesn't know that he is my boyfriend. Reason: My ex is his dad. No I didnt cheat on his dad!! We were WAAAYYYY broke up. I haven't told my mom because afraid of her reaction. Me and my boyfriend have come to terms with what people would say but don't care anymore. However, I'm still worried about my mother's reaction. She knows him & his dad.

I know people say ewww gross i dont care about what people think anymore. I just wanna know how would I go about telling her and the rest of my family.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM

How long were you with his dad?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

First off,

How old are YOU, how old is your EX (the father) and how old is your boyfriend?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I was with his dad almost a year

I'm 23

Ex is 58

Boyfriend is 33

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM

no offense...but ew.

well I am glad you are with someone who is a bit better suited for your age.

The whole thing sounds a bit effed up though. Good luck!

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM

If your mom accepted the old bf she probably wouldnt care if you were doing a donkey show in tiajuana.  Why do you worry about telling her.  Seems like she really hasnt bothered to parent you anyway.  She gave birth to her BFF.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh boy this sounds like a Maury show! So now you are dating your stepson lol.  Sounds like your Mom would not care because if you've been with your current bf for 4 years that would have made you under 19 when you were dating a 54 yr old man.  Tell her, it won't be a big deal.   There is something seriously messed up with the whole situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I know lol thats why im asking. And the only reason why she was okay with me dating an older man was because she thought he was a good guy plus she knew him years before i did ,but we split up cause I found out he was talking to someone else. *He got caught by me personally* (long story short he wasnt expecting me to be there and I seen him kissing and rubbing this other woman so yeah) . Yeah i know it does sound like maury. lol but just no drama cause his family doesnt know and neither does mine.

Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM

*raises eyebrow*  No comment.

Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

OK.  One comment.  Do you have daddy issues?  I'm not asking to be mean or hateful, but do you?

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Tell!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)