Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

conferences for special education children (IEP)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

so i used to live in a big town with a big number of students that went to this school. the teachers were nice enough to group all of my kids's conferences 1 day a month and get all 3 of my children done in one shot although it took 2-3 hours. That was really nice of them to do.

I switched my kids to a smaller community school and i JUST got done with the IEP conferences and they already want me to come again for regular conferences a week later for 2 of my children. that means i have to schedule another conference for my other child too. My husband has fridays off and that opens up a day where i can schedule dentist appointments, doc appointments, ect. (i can not go alone to conferences, i dont drive alone yet) so i think i'm going to say F it! i have a life and these fridays are NOT going to be filled with flippen conferences! just going to skip out on them, i think.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:50 AM

My kids school works with us for conferences. But I agree, smaller communities have too many of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
IEP meetings can be a pain, but they are done for your childs benefit. Tell them that you want to do them all on one day but don't skip them. Your children deserve your inconvience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Don't skip them.  They are very important and benefit your child.  Plus the more in attendance you are the more you can see if the IEP is working for you and your child at school.  I would stand up for your time though and make them work around your schedule!

fiatpax
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM
If IEPs are right before conferences, conferences ca be skipped
Not other way around
Now if child is expected at conference then you should go, if just parent teacher conference and you had IEP within a month, skip conference ok

My child's school will expect no conference if IEP was weeks ago
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM
We typically don't suggest a conference if the child just had an IEP meeting.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM
My husband and I are going to be attending 2 IEP conferences, plus conferences for our 3 other kids tomorrow. Good luck with yours!
Bieg9093
by on Nov. 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Ask to phone in. I teach nursery school and can't leave to participate in CPSE meetings. They always just put me on speaker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)