Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it.. could you explain to me please!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

First off, Why am I posting Anonym? Because I never know who might see this.

So I babysit one my good friends child. Her Mother-in-law pays me $65 a week for the 4 yr old. But here is what I don't get. She is off 2 days a week and still brings the child. Yes she is paying me BUT I'm here with her child at my house and she sits on FB all day and even chats with me on there. She's NOT doing house work or anything. Her status one day said "PLaying Angry Birds and I'm addicted" I guess I just don't get it. Also She is potty training him but yet expects me to do it and she doesnt do it at home. she puts him in a pull up plus the 4yr old STILL takes a bottle. I don't say anything to her because shes a friend and I don't want ill feelings between us. but yet its starting to make me resent her because I feel used and taken advantage of..

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celifergi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM

SMH........maybe when you chat with her on FB, mention the things she is missing out with her son....doesnt she miss him? want to see those great milestones at that age? You are a great friend for watching him knowing she is at home doing nothing.....pay or no pay I would feel the same as you. 

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:08 PM

So who is watching the kids while you chat? 

Explain this to me- why does a grown woman do ANYTHING she resents and then complain about it.  DONT DO IT.  $65 wouldnt even leave me enough for mc donalds after filling my gas tank.

bootifuldisastr
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM
When you take a child to a "real" daycare.....you pay if they are there or not...she won't find daycare that cheap anywhere else.....I understand if it is once in a while while she runs errands but no that is ridiculous. She needs to be a mom.
LoveBird89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a real piece of work. Her son is four, still in diapers, and still drinks out of a bottle. That women is no more a mother than I am a doctor...or some kind of off the wall analogy like that.
Seriously though. She sounds trashy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Kids? Just one kid and he's napping. I don't have to work my husband wants me to be a sahm and wife. my 5 yr old is at school. She needed a sitter because her other one quit watching him so I said I would being a good friend.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

So who is watching the kids while you chat? 

Explain this to me- why does a grown woman do ANYTHING she resents and then complain about it.  DONT DO IT.  $65 wouldnt even leave me enough for mc donalds after filling my gas tank.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Typical.  When will any of you realize that ENABLING is not helping?  Say NO.

mschwab3360
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM
so tell her you cant watch him that day (whatever day she is off) and then since you dont want to ruin your friend ship, tell her morgan said get off her ass and help potty train her son, and get him off the bottle, my kids were off the bottle shorty after 1 and completly potty trained at 2 1/2 not tooting my horn but its something SHE has to work at since SHE is mom! Sign: Morgan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

lol I'll tell her that ;) Sad thing is when I don't watch him when she is off (say I have a doc appointment) She'll call our other friend who watches kids to keep him.

Quoting mschwab3360:

so tell her you cant watch him that day (whatever day she is off) and then since you dont want to ruin your friend ship, tell her morgan said get off her ass and help potty train her son, and get him off the bottle, my kids were off the bottle shorty after 1 and completly potty trained at 2 1/2 not tooting my horn but its something SHE has to work at since SHE is mom! Sign: Morgan!

marie85
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Well she is paying you. I have friends that bring the kids to daycare and do there own thing, I don't judge them. When I worked every once in a while I'd bring my child to daycare and I'd catch up on housework and homework.

marie85
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Yeah well if you tell her that don't expect to be paid for that day.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol I'll tell her that ;) Sad thing is when I don't watch him when she is off (say I have a doc appointment) She'll call our other friend who watches kids to keep him.

Quoting mschwab3360:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)