• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my husband..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Is stealing my pain killers. He used to be addicted to pain killers. He said he has put that all behind him. But I can't figure how I ran out of 30 pills in just three days. I have the pain killers due to knee surgery that went wrong so I am in consent pain. I guess I will have yo hide them some how cause I can't take the pain and him stealing them. Its like he doesn't care that I sit their crying in pain. I seen his eyes a couple times and they were blood shot. See my husband doesn't swallow them..he snorts them. He can't swallow pills, never has been able to. Be has bad gag reflux. I really want to say something but I know it will cause a huge fight and he will leave. I want to help him cause I know he is in pain, he has spinal defect but he won't seek help, he refused to go to the doctor. I feel helpless and I am sick of being in pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I'm sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hide them.  Put them in a different spot.  Tell him your doctor is changing your RX to something that he might not want.....like he is putting you back into Physical Therapy as an alternative.  Leave a few out by accident and see if they magically disappear!  

Are there any others in your house, like any kids that might be stealing them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM
My kids are only eight and five so I know its not them. It just hurts knowing I wanna say something but don't want he to leave. I wanna help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hid them.  Put them in a different spot.  Tell him your doctor is changing your RX to something that he might not want.....like he is putting you back into Physical Therapy as an alternative.  Leave a few out by accident and see if they magically disappear!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM

"But I can't figure how I ran out of 30 pills in just three days"

ummm....duh he took them. Unless you take so many you can't remember. I was with a pill popper for a LONG time and I wouldn't bring any pills around him because he would take them all. I have people who abuse prescription drugs like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM

You can't help him unless you are a drug conslore. He needs professional help. You should leave him because right now you are allowing him to steal and slowly kill himself

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids are only eight and five so I know its not them. It just hurts knowing I wanna say something but don't want he to leave. I wanna help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hid them.  Put them in a different spot.  Tell him your doctor is changing your RX to something that he might not want.....like he is putting you back into Physical Therapy as an alternative.  Leave a few out by accident and see if they magically disappear!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

He can only help himself - which he is apparently doing with your medication.  Listen, until he is willing to admit that he has a problem you won't be able to fix him.

Quoting :

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Hide them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)