Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't make informed decisions.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

If I could change anything, I would not have just gone by what society and the mainstream said.  I would have done my research on vaccinations, breastfeeding, induction, well, pretty much everything.  It may not have changed my mind on the subjects, but I would have been informed.  I went with what my doctors said, with what society said, no questions asked.  Thankfully, I've had no ill-effects from the decisions I've made, but I've been thinking lately about all the things I didn't question.  

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
marie85
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM

One thing I feel like that about is circumcision. My first is circumcised he's 10 now and as far as we know their was no permanent damage , but it was cut to much and he had problems at first with bleeding and it took way longer to heal then it should. I had a gut feeling at the time and I wish I would have went with how I felt instead of listening to other people , including his biological father. Then I heard my baby screech :*(. My second is not circumcised. I wish I had known then what I know now.

littleladiesx3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM

last time I vaccinated my youngest for her 18 month shot her whole left side of her body swelled up and she has a circular scar on her arm from where her skin blistered and ripped off under the bandaid. she needed antibiotics.

\i'm really scared of the social pressure to continue vaccinating the next child; shes so pure and new. not born yet to our sick diseased world.

Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM

That's something I forgot about.  I probably would have circ'ed my boys anyway, but I wish I would have done more research.  It may not make much sense, but I research almost everything now.  I don't know why I didn't do that when I was pregnant, and my boys were babies.

Quoting marie85:

One thing I feel like that about is circumcision. My first is circumcised he's 10 now and as far as we know their was no permanent damage , but it was cut to much and he had problems at first with bleeding and it took way longer to heal then it should. I had a gut feeling at the time and I wish I would have went with how I felt instead of listening to other people , including his biological father. Then I heard my baby screech :*(. My second is not circumcised. I wish I had known then what I know now.

Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I'm sorry that happened to her.  Poor baby.  

Quoting littleladiesx3:

last time I vaccinated my youngest for her 18 month shot her whole left side of her body swelled up and she has a circular scar on her arm from where her skin blistered and ripped off under the bandaid. she needed antibiotics.

\i'm really scared of the social pressure to continue vaccinating the next child; shes so pure and new. not born yet to our sick diseased world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I see it differently I think going with non vaxing is going with society. Well not all of society, just the ones who jump on the band wagon .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)