Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The more I'm on this site, the more pro-choice I become.....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM
  • 31 Replies
4 moms liked this

I never actually considered myself to be pro-life period, more anti-abortion. I think the term pro-life is too vast and really most of the women on here are anti-abortion like me. 

However after spending a lot of time on this site and reading basically the dozens of pro-life/pro-choice that get posted on a weekly basis I find myself going to the other side(gasp!) 

I believe abortion is something ugly, something I would never get done myself and something I wish women didn't have to do...however it's something that needs to be around. I think making abortion illegal would be a big mistake! I would much rather have a woman abort a baby than have that baby and abuse it or throw it in the trash. 

I don't think that a unborn baby's life is worth more than the mothers, I think in life or death situations the mother's life should come first...unless she says otherwise. I don't think any form of birth control should be illegal. I would think that the pro-lifers would see that if birth control were more available & affordable to all women then abortion numbers would no doubt go down and I think that regardless of what you believe abortion numbers going down is always a good thing. 

I do not believe that women who abort are murderers, even if they aborted for shitty reasons. It's not my place to damn them, that's something that they will deal with with their God. I would like for pro-life groups to support women more after the baby is born, if you persuaded her to keep the child then help her out! Don't abandon her in her time of need, having a baby you semi-wanted or not wanted at all has to be extremely difficult and women need endless support. 

And last, about the adoption side of things. Adoption over abortion is the better choice, however is not the easiest choice...to carry a child 9 months in you to give him away? I could not imagine. I think it's way too easy to just suggest adoption without knowing the pain that goes along with it. 

Just wanted to put my two cents in since the abortion posts are getting too hateful and out of hand. 

I predict I'm gonna get my ass chewed out for this one, oh well. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cemommster
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I wonder why people feel it necessary, to post things of this nature, on a daily basis. To me, it's asking for drama.

karla85
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Good luck lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetyazfl
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I am pro life, that will never change. But yeah there's a lot of drama regarding abortion on this site. 

GomezMami2908
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Well I kinda thought I was taking the non-drama route since I didn't think I posted anything that would offend anyone.

Quoting Cemommster:

I wonder why people feel it necessary, to post things of this nature, on a daily basis. To me, it's asking for drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I am still not sure where I stand on the issue. I don't think any woman really knows what she will do until she is faced with the choice. 

white_wolf454
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I am pro-me but i guess it be under the pro-choice umbrella.
DixonBabies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2014 at 6:12 PM

lol

IhartU
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I don't understand the people who scream about adoption being a better option. If there are SO many people willing to adopt, why are there over 400,00 children in foster care right now looking for a good home? Those are unwanted children who need homes and yet I don't see any religious conservatives tripping over each other to adopt them.

MilkLover0203
by on Oct. 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Bumping a post four years old?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I am still not sure where I stand on the issue. I don't think any woman really knows what she will do until she is faced with the choice. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Bumping several actually. Someone complained early that anons should go look at old posts. I am doing as requested. 

Quoting MilkLover0203: Bumping a post four years old?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)