Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worst Day Ever....What would you do?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

Worst Day Ever: Engaged Couple Finds Out They’re Siblings Right Before Getting Married!

Posted on November 9th, 2011 - By Bossip Staff

Categories: Hide Ya KidsHide Ya Wifematrimony-domNewsWe Broke It Here First!

black couple

This is easily the worst thing we can imagine happening to two people.

An engaged couple who dated for five years have been left in turmoil after their families met and they discovered they were brother and sister.

The woman, who is due to give birth next month, is devastated by the discovery that the father of her child is her brother.

The couple, who met at university, had decided they wanted to introduce their single parent families to each other before they got married.

But at the meeting it emerged they were brother and sister who had been separated as small children.
The unnamed South African couple are still in shock after making the discovery last Saturday.

The country’s Sowetan newspaper reported that the siblings had been raised separately after their mother and father went through an acrimonious divorce.

It reported: ‘Their parents separated when the woman was eight months old and the man was two years old.

‘The man’s father said he dumped his wife in 1983 because she was cheating on him. The girl was raised by her mother, while her brother was raised by his father.

‘Neither of them knew they had a sibling.’

This is an absolute nightmare. But here’s the thing: they dated for five years and they didn’t have their parents meet? Or they didn’t connect the dots when talking to mom and dad? This also goes to show you that you should stick through it in your relationship. You never know…your kids may grow up to have incest babies together if you don’t. Marinate on that.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hubbynme2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

How about all the children conceived from sperm donors? I'm sure this is happening more than people realize :(

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM

True!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel so bad for them and the unborn baby! I can't even wrap my mind around this and how they could get through this.  I feel physically ill just contemplating their situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I get how brother and sister dating/marrying/having children is bad....

But in this case they were NOT raised as brother and sister.

To me, it's more gross to be intimate with a step-brother/sister that you were raised with.....

mommybear77
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:27 PM

That is horrible.  I can't imagine going through that and then wondering if our baby would be okay.  I can understand if one of the parents did not live in the area them waiting to meet.  I wonder if they plan on having DNA tests if there was really cheating, maybe they are only half which does not make it much better but there would at least be some DNA differences. 

I guess I would pray our baby is okay and then stop seeing each other but say that they are just not together to the child until they are old enough to be told the situation.  They can do split custody so the child gets both parents like other separated families, I can't see any other solution. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM
"This is easily the worst thing we can imagine happening to two people."??? Not even close
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)