Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I could be a full time sahm..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've been raised to be a working mom. I have worked since I was 16 years old and been a devoted 'workaholic' and here I am. They laid me off my job (and 10 others in the past 2 weeks) and I'm a SAHM. But we aren't financially stable enough for me to stay home:( So here I am applying for more jobs. I'm going to school online and will graduate in Feb. And I am sick of the jobs that I'm good at which is management/admin like jobs. It's decent money but I hate them. I want to do something with purpose. I have a Special Needs son who is doing good now but I want to work with SN kids!

Ugh not the BEST confession but wanted to get that out there. Because everyone in my family says I need to work and make the good money because I AM the bread winner.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
briesmomisback
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I have been working with computers almost my whole life and now I am certified to be a teachers assistant and I have a few jobs in my sight. I understand what your saying. I still want to work with computers but I want a change for now. I dont want to be a SAHM. I hate it.

i.heart.myboys
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Haha. Trade you. I'm in school to be a teacher:) so I see where you are. Just need a change of pace
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoachyMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Me too! Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Me too. I work part time but I wish I could stay home full time with DS. As much as I love my job it's becoming a real PITA with finding sitters.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I was raised that way too.  I was an international business major in college and planning on getting a joint MBA/JD at berkley and becoming a corporate lawyer.  I went to Japan to learn the language and take business classes.  I was doing what was expected of me. 

I was miserable.  I nearly dropped out of college.  I loved my summer job as a YMCA camp councilor.  I love kids, always have.  I remember being so afraid to tell people I wanted to be a teacher.  It felt like a cop out.  Too easy.  Not enough money. 

I dont even teach anymore.  I am a SAHM.  At first things were tight but that was years ago.  Hubs has a great job and takes great care of all of us.  Things do get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2015 at 2:22 AM

What does the extra money bring your family ? If overall it is more valuable than the extra time then sure take it. Whatever you do ..both options are great and don't feel guilty about either, just do what is best for YOU and your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)