Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession: beliefs wavering. Friend has pregnant 12 yr old, do you pro-lifers say she should carry it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 157 Replies

My confession is my own beliefs are wavering on this one. One of my friend's girls was sexually coerced by an older boy, by that I literally mean coerced - her family are very religious and homeschooled, they had only just started the sexual discussions and she had no real idea what sex was so I would definitely class it as a type coercion even though she claims it was consenting - she had no clue it would produce a baby. My friend, who is pro-life, says that she has never been in such a difficult situation, the 12 yr. old is big for her age and the doctor has said he does not think it will be damaging to her health but she is very immature at heart and my friend thinks that this will ruin her innocence and will mean she skips childhood, even if her mom/another raised it. Do you think that she should carry this baby? I am pro-life and I am having a hard time figuring all this out. However her mom is also worried than abortion would scar her for life. Ultimately the decision is up to the 12 yr. old but she will not do anything by herself I am sure of it, she will wait for her mom to decide, not because she is submissive but because she is still so young at heart, I'd liken her to my 7 yr. old.

Please no bashing on the fact that this little girl did not know what sex was for, her parents are incredibly religious and the age at which they tell them is 6 months after they start their periods generally around 12/13. All she has received from doctors is bashing.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ebbierowe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM

That is a shame that she (the 12 year old) was put in a position like that. I think they should do whatever they decide is best for the 12 year old.

But if she is as immature as you say I really don't see option that isn't going to leave her with some kind of emotional damage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:10 PM
15 moms liked this

Once you are pregnant at a young age there are no "good" options.  Imo the least bad option would be adoption.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree with you completely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Once you are pregnant at a young age there are no "good" options.  Imo the least bad option would be adoption.

MamaRockstarOf2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM
So sad =( i feel bad for everyone in this situation...But true if she's immature she probly wont understand the abortion idea very much and it probly wont scar her very much,if at all...its a rough sitution...I wish everyone in this situation the best...oh and btw the dr. Had NO right to bash anyone!¡! Exspecialy bc it has alot to do w/religion and many religions dont teach about sex until long after puberty...The girl did not kno and the parents wernt expecting this...The older boy should be gettin in some trouble though exspecially if he knew!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this

if the doctor does not see it hurting her physically then i would discuss all the options with her and let her make her choice. i think it would settle much better with her emotionally if she felt in control ofwhat was going on instead of being told. my heart would break for my 12 year old if this was happening though

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Thank you for your kind reply, the boy did know and my friend has contacted his parents (they were known through homeschool program) and they are taking further action.

Quoting MamaRockstarOf2:

So sad =( i feel bad for everyone in this situation...But true if she's immature she probly wont understand the abortion idea very much and it probly wont scar her very much,if at all...its a rough sitution...I wish everyone in this situation the best...oh and btw the dr. Had NO right to bash anyone!¡! Exspecialy bc it has alot to do w/religion and many religions dont teach about sex until long after puberty...The girl did not kno and the parents wernt expecting this...The older boy should be gettin in some trouble though exspecially if he knew!

JMendenhall
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM
5 moms liked this

She should have the baby.  It WILL ruin her innocence, but that is already ruined.  I would be more worried about how she would mentally process abortion...

mommasbabies77
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
A completely unbiased prochoice bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Exactly, even if she doesn't fully understand the implications of abortion now she one day will.

Quoting JMendenhall:

She should have the baby.  It WILL ruin her innocence, but that is already ruined.  I would be more worried about how she would mentally process abortion...

VDietrich
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

bless her heart, i feel sorry that this happened to her and that she has this decision to make.  she is a baby and she truly may not have known what she was doing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)