• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else's parents give them false information.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I was probably in the third-forth grade when my mother told me "a period is something you get when you start having sex". REALLY? Thank goodness she okay'd 5th grade's sex ed class.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM

what the f*ck? LOL. Did your mother know what that really was??

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Lol.

Namaste17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM
No, but one of my friends told me she used to touch her self a lot as a kid and her mom told her she would get pregnant. She actually thought she was pregnant as a kid too. Lies can be really harmful sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM

you know she didn't give me false information...but she didn't really give me any information....I guess I was lucky that I like to read so much...between teen magazine and the library I figured it out...I however started the process with my daughter when she was in about 4th grade. I got her the All-American Book about all the changes her body was going to go through and then we talked from there..

Ataemommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM

My mother didn't know that you should wash your genitals (she also has only looked at her own once with a mirror then threw the mirror and screamed). 

EmBaMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM

When I was around 2-3 years old my mom told me if I picked my nose my nose & ate it white worms would crawl out of my poop.  I have to confess I told my own daughters the same thing & It worked, they never picked & ate.  LOL

wanderingmuse
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I am sooooo trying this!! My son does this and its GROSS

Quoting EmBaMom:

When I was around 2-3 years old my mom told me if I picked my nose my nose & ate it white worms would crawl out of my poop.  I have to confess I told my own daughters the same thing & It worked, they never picked & ate.  LOL

MoonShadow3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM

lol no 

I unfortunatly never had the chance to take that class. we moved from one school when it was starting and got to the other school when it was over

baronesslucy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I was told that you should never bathe, swim or take a shower when you had your period because it would affect fertility and you wouldn't feel so good.  Well, I found out that this wasn't true (my grandmother had told my mom this old wives tales). 

ColorMeCrazy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:06 PM

My mother told me that getting my period meant that I was a whore, she proceeded to scream at and beat me from that point forward. Once a loose dog got into our outside garbage, spilling the contents all over our yard. One of my used pads was part of the mess, so my mother beat me and told me that I had actually had sex outside and left my bloody pad in the yard on accident. Luckily, I knew that she was just the worst type of human being and didn't believe her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)