Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What other choices do i have

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have had three knee surgeries, been though countless hours of very painful pt. Now I have no cushion in my knee, its bone on bone and the bone is starting to chip. Over the summer I went though getting two shots in my knee every week. It was down right painful and now they want to try a different shot that I will get one shot for six weeks (one every week). I don't know if I could go though that all again. The shot is to lube up my joints and try to get some of the inflammatory to go down. I know by the time I hit my 40's I will have to have a knee replacement. I just don't want to go though these shots and up worse then what I started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Taliatha
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I don't know what other choices you have. My friend had a knee replacement she said it still hurts a month and a half later but the pain is not near as bad as what it was before. It is a huge surgery but she said she would do it again.

Chrismomto5
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I live with the pain.  I have patella femoral subluxation syndrome in both my knees and surgery failed miserably, as did the ten years I spent doing physical therapy.  I use narcotics about one week every four-six months when the weather changes, or I do something stupid like slam my knee into something.  Other than that, I just keep popping my knee caps back into place and deal with the pinched nerves and inflammed tendons.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM

The doctors have been making lots of advancements in medicine. Don't give up until you explore all your options. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)