Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Masturbation...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Would you ever tell your child what it is? Like when they get older to prevent them from having sex? And would you buy them a toy (girls)?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Britt
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I doubt I'll have to "tell" my son about it, Im sure he'll figure it out all on his own...lol

I have no problem with it and think it's totally normal. I wont tell him what it is in "PLACE" of. Im hoping the education I provide him with will keep him from that. 

If I had a girl......I honestly have no idea if I would buy her one! Maybe give her the money to get it herself? ROFL 

kendragarten
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I would tell my kid if they ask.  Otherwise its not a subject for discussion, its too personal, and you don't talk about things like that unless you got a screw loose. 

Rose87
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Lol I don't think ill buy dd a toy and idk how id approach masturbation with ds or dd... *shudders*

I just don't wanna think about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I'd be totally open and honest with them about the topic but I won't be buying any toys.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:35 PM
I will/do talk to my kids about it. Um, no..I would not buy toys. Wtf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:35 PM
If they ask, but I'd rather have DH tell the boys. No buying toys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:39 PM

No I wont discuss masterbation with my DS. My parents never talked to me about masterbation. It's a natural thing, and I'm sure he will pick up on it. If I ever have a DD I will not buy her a toy she can do it herself and I don't want to hear about it. Those are very personal details that should be kept just that, personal.  

My SIL's daughter is getting curious about herself. She's a tween. My SIL has caught her masterbating and has completley humiliated her DD.  Making fun of her in a house full of company.  

You can have talks with your kids about sex, but ultimately they will be the one's to decide when they do it for the first time.  I don't think teaching them about masterbation will prevent them, if anything if you're willing to buy your DD  a toy it may make her more curious to have sex if your that 'open' with your kids. 

CoachyMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I let my ds know that touching his area is completely normal and private.  I let him know that he can do that in his room with the door closed because it is private.  I would never buy my dd a toy.  I would let her know the same message as I let my son know. 

Ataemommy
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Um -- my 8 year old knows about it, as does my 5 year old. They kind of figure it out.

No I would never buy him a toy.

MoreMia
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably. If they ask, absolutely i would explain it to them, and I hope that we'll have a relationship that they can ask anything. And, when and if I have a daughter, I would most certainly buy her a toy if she asked. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)