Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just dont get it and I have about had enough!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I am getting really pissed at my DH because he thinks he needs to yell and swear at the girls everytime they are being louder that his liking! It gets sooo frustrating. Me, I just tune it out. It makes me sad when I go over to other friends houses and their kids can be as loud as they want and their parents tune it out just as I do but my DH just cannot do the same :( Right now he just told our 2.5 year old "No, you fucking didnt" to being nice to our oldest...its just BS!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaofemma
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM

BUMP!

Ladywithtwo
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Yikes. I lose it too sometimes but the f word to a toddler is too much.

Does he think it's ok? Or does he think he needs to calm down?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bubbasmom0917
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:26 PM

what do you do about him cussing at your girls like that? my husband would never swear at our son at all. if he ever did, i would kick him in the balls and say fuck you.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM
He needs to calm down. Explain to him that they are kids and will be loud most times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I have talked to him several times...he tells me he cant help it and that they need to shut up!

J-MOM24
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Oh heck no! you don't yell that at a 2 yr old! You are their mom, stand up for them and protect them. If he can't control his temper you need to get your kids away from him! IMO you're just as guilty allowing that. My husband doesn't like them being loud either and we disagree at times about the fine line between being "just kids" and acting out. But I would NEVER allow anyone to yell cuss words at my 2yr old baby!

mommyto2gr8ones
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM

That is verbal abuse.  He needs counseling.  HUGS to you and your children.

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this

So he thinks a 2 year old should have more self control than him?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have talked to him several times...he tells me he cant help it and that they need to shut up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Quoting J-MOM24:

Oh heck no! you don't yell that at a 2 yr old! You are their mom, stand up for them and protect them. If he can't control his temper you need to get your kids away from him! IMO you're just as guilty allowing that. My husband doesn't like them being loud either and we disagree at times about the fine line between being "just kids" and acting out. But I would NEVER allow anyone to yell cuss words at my 2yr old baby!

No im not just as guilty as him..wow. I dont allow it...we have left twice before this time for 3 weeks each time and he will be fine with them for about 2 months and then back to his yelling at them...I do not have anywhere else to go. Its not as easy as ppl might think it is. "Oh just go to your moms or a friend." Not everyone has room for 2 kids and 1 adult in their home. A shelter is not an option either he isnt beating us or nothing like that I am just tired of him yelling at the girls.

hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Whoa! I believe I'd step in here mom, if you dd says that in preschool or kinder, she'll be kicked out. Seriously when he cusses and his children I'd very seriously send HIM to his room for a time out and explain why
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)