Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 9 year old tells me this morning that she wants to die.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am devestated she said this to me. It was our usual morning of arguing and trying to get out the door for the bus. She coulndn't find something. I told her if she put her things away where they belong that she would know where her stuff was. She said that it was her brothers fault.....(her brother is a neat freak and has no problems helping out with chores) he makes it so she can't put her things away..(no, it doesnt make any sence). She doesn't own up to the things she does wrong or backfires on her. She is quick to blame others for her mistakes and doesn't take responsibility for her actions.  She is overly dramatic everyday and thinks the world is against her. My point of view is she is lazy and doesn't want to put her things away in her room. She doesn't want to help with any chores and sometimes it is just easier to just let her read a book than to hear her yell, scream and cry. I try to ignore it, I have grounded her, and she says this this morning and I want to cry.....I told her she needs to talk to someone if she thinks that. She told me she wasn't going to talk to anyone if I called someone to step in. She will just sit there and say nothing. I don't know what to do. There was 10 year old girl north of Chicago that commited suicide a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure that mom thougth her daughter would never do such a thing. I need advice from a seasoned mom. What do I do? I haven't stoped crying since she got on the bus....did she just say this for attention or is her life that horrible?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Replies (81-82):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 5, 2016 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this
BORED FUCCCKKKEEERRRRRSSSSSS
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quoting sarahfaith123: This post is from 2011
skipp2
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2016 at 6:00 AM

She's nine. It's an awful age for kids, they're not quite pre-teens, and not quite little kids. Thery're dramatic, show no initiative and seem to be always testing you, arguing, blaming or crying. Every single one of my kids went through some version of this. The best thing to do is give her a hug and do whatever you can to help her through this stage, even if it means organizing her room and clothes with her.  

Sometimes it's like a magic switch flips on at 10 (y/o). Kids seem more settled and focused at 10. My DD is 12 now and I'll take pre-teen angst and pre pre menstrual horomones anyday over 9 : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN