Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting Pregnant WITHOUT His Permission

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I wanna know what you think about getting pregnant or planning to get pregnant without your boyfriend/fiance/husband etc. knowing that you're actually trying. I know it's your body and you can due what you want. But how do you feel about it? Would you ever do it? Like if you stop taking your birth control or poke holes in the condom, regaurdless of how it's done. How do you feel about it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Replies (301-310):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:05 PM
I did it.
and he is very happy about it actually. We're both excited for the new baby.
He was on the fence, never wanted to discuss it, DS was getting older.. So I stopped taking my bc.
I think it was a good choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cookie.Kisses09
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't agree with it but if you are allowed to terminate a pregnancy without your spouse or so's permission and women harp "It's my body and I can do what I want" over that, then I say same applies for getting pregnant without his consent or him knowing. Wrong? Yes but if you can say it about one thing you should also say it about another

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I would feel bad that I was sneaky about it. I told my Hubby I would like to have another child and that I had quit my birth control b/c I wanted to be honest & didn't want the guilt to eat at me, nor did I want him to be resentful. But since I told Hubby, he wants to use condoms and doesn't want another child and says he doesn't know when or if he ever wants another one, which has broken my heart everyday. I hate condoms, to me, they do not feel the same. So unless I get back on birth control, we aren't really having sex and our marriage has been on the rocks. It hurts alot when the other person doesn't share the same dream you have.

rec104
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:36 PM

here' s a question : What if DH Never wants anymore kids & you do ?

MDWife12
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Wow, I think that is incredibly low for a wife/girlfriend/fiance to do that behind their SO's back. I think that is betraying his trust! How would you feel if you weren't 'ready' to have a kid and he was poking holes in the condom to get you pregnant?! Yeah it is your body but a baby affects a LOT more people than JUST you. If I wanted a baby that bad I would talk to my SO about it and go from there!

KAKsmommy
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 8:34 PM

That was *sort of* my situation with my DS. We say that he was not planned, but I had been of birth control for 3 or 4 months, BUT my DH knew I was not on it anymore. I was secretly wanting another one and I think DH was too, just did not want to come right out and said it and TRY for another one. Just wanted it to happen. So I did not deliberately get pregnant without his knowledge. But if that had been the case and he found out, he would be very upset and have trust issues after, I think.

Poohy1975
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I think it's wrong. But on the other hand  i am grateful that my DH wants to have a child  just as much as i want to.

babymaycker
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM
The way I see it.... Is you shouldn't have unprotected sex with anyone who wouldn't be an amazing father. And being married isn't an indication of such a thing. You need to be honest and only be with someone worthy of a relationship and children. If you don't tell them you have stopped taking bc
You are lying, and that's not good in a relationship. Iimagine a man saying he had a vasectomy...and he was lying. What a horrid thing. A man deserves a child when he is ready for one...and a baby sure as heck deserves good parents. Sure he could still love the child, or he may not. That's all dependent on the man. But a baby concieved when a. Man and woman have time to emotionally, financially, and mentally prepare to be good parents....that's best. Imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:27 PM

dang I'm late as usual   OM NOM NOm 

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:23 PM

My point of view is this:

How is what two people do in their own home anyone else's business? Does it some how affect you or your family? How do you know if one or the other wanted a child or not? 

Why are we judging women when we may have something in our closet worth being judged for? Are we all perfect? Is that what we are saying?

I'm not. Oh LORD, I'm not perfect. However, I'm not one that will shake my finger at someone for doing something I don't believe in.

For example, I'm a very hard pushing pro breastfeeding, and pro extended breastfeeding mama. How easy would it be for me to shake my finger at mothers who chose to formula feed? 

But how fair would I be? I don't know their situation. I don't know if maybe they sat there for days, and hours, trying to get their child to latch on, and couldn't make it happen? How do I know if they sought out advice and LC after LC, and still couldn't make it happen? What if their nipples bleed so bad that the amount of milk was lesser in comparrison to the amount of blood? How do I know their ENTIRE story?

I'm just saying, I don't know their entire story. There are a LOT of things that go on behind clossed doors that we don't know about. I learned that out the hard way. I made a terrible mistake for judging another mother. I learned my lesson. 

To each their own, whether we think it's right or not. Just think, what secrets do you have in your closet that you are afraid someone may judge you on? And please save the "I'm good, I don't have anything that someone can judge me on...." because we all do, we are all human. 

Anyways, that's my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured