Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've never made potato soup.

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

I've never made potato soup. I know, horrible right? But I want it for dinner really bad tonight. How do YOU make potato soup?

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elizabeth.mary
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM

With a recipe...lol.
Let me see if I can find it for you.
It's bomb.

itsallabtthem84
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM
I haven't ever made it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vibrant.Heart
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Boil the potatoes, drain about half the water.  Put it back on, add milk.  Let it heat up.  That's how I do it, I also mash about 1/4 of  the potatoes to make it a bit thicker.

luv2nap
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM

there are many recipes just google..... but make sure it has bacon and cheese in it LOL 

medicmommy06
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Yeah I tried googling it and I'm too lazy to weed through all the recipes I found! I read about 10 and all of them were either beyond my skill level (and I like to think I'm a pretty savvy cook) or just had too many ingredients. I'd rather spend time on CM than weeding through all those recipes lol

Quoting luv2nap:

there are many recipes just google..... but make sure it has bacon and cheese in it LOL 

elizabeth.mary
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Crap I can't find it.
It's pretty much boiled potatoes, mash some of them.
Chicken broth, milk, cheese and bacon.

medicmommy06
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I was thinking of doing it that way except I thought about using cream of potato soup to thicken it up. Think that would work?

Quoting Vibrant.Heart:

Boil the potatoes, drain about half the water.  Put it back on, add milk.  Let it heat up.  That's how I do it, I also mash about 1/4 of  the potatoes to make it a bit thicker.

LouieBoo
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Start out with 3 strips of bacon, 1/2 cup of diced onions, 1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup chopped celery. Put in the bottom of the pot and cover with water and bring it to a boil. While thats boiling, peel and cut about 6 (more or less depending on how much you want to make or how "chunky" you want it). Add the potatoes to the mixture, and cover with water again. I would add salt and pepper at this point. Then boil until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, and remove the bacon strips. 

Mix together 1/2 cup flour with 2 cups of milk. Add to the soup. You can add more flour/ milk as you see fit to thicken it. 

Let it cool, then add cheese, bacon bits, and crackers as desired!! Enjoy!

medicmommy06
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Ooo thanks that sounds like a good easy way to do it.

Quoting LouieBoo:

Start out with 3 strips of bacon, 1/2 cup of diced onions, 1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup chopped celery. Put in the bottom of the pot and cover with water and bring it to a boil. While thats boiling, peel and cut about 6 (more or less depending on how much you want to make or how "chunky" you want it). Add the potatoes to the mixture, and cover with water again. I would add salt and pepper at this point. Then boil until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, and remove the bacon strips. 

Mix together 1/2 cup flour with 2 cups of milk. Add to the soup. You can add more flour/ milk as you see fit to thicken it. 

Let it cool, then add cheese, bacon bits, and crackers as desired!! Enjoy!

BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt even know where to start. Dont feel bad. :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN