Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've never made potato soup.

Posted by   + Show Post

I've never made potato soup. I know, horrible right? But I want it for dinner really bad tonight. How do YOU make potato soup?

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
medicmommy06
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Thanks, I pretty much plan on using the responses on here to come up with something of my own, so the suggestions are awesome.

Quoting elizabeth.mary:

Crap I can't find it.
It's pretty much boiled potatoes, mash some of them.
Chicken broth, milk, cheese and bacon.

LouieBoo
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM

I make it alot, hope it helped!

Embers88
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Bump! Love potato soup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
medicmommy06
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Yes it did, thanks so much!

Quoting LouieBoo:

I make it alot, hope it helped!

luv2nap
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:08 PM

this one i have used and loved - i add cheese and bacon on top :)

http://www.food.com/recipe/unbelievably-easy-potato-soup-74275

Quoting medicmommy06:

Yeah I tried googling it and I'm too lazy to weed through all the recipes I found! I read about 10 and all of them were either beyond my skill level (and I like to think I'm a pretty savvy cook) or just had too many ingredients. I'd rather spend time on CM than weeding through all those recipes lol

Quoting luv2nap:

there are many recipes just google..... but make sure it has bacon and cheese in it LOL 

Luv2nap ~ "I'm just say'n" kiss mini

medicmommy06
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Ahhh me too, it's just one of the few things I've never gotten around to learning to make. Today is a dreary, cold day in Michigan though, and nothing sounds better than that!

Quoting Embers88:

Bump! Love potato soup.

RTXmommy06
1 mom liked this

My stepmom makes the BEST homemade baked potato soup in the world. It's so good. She puts bacon and cheddar cheese and chives on top....omg. and now i'm salivating.

NDADanceMom

LOL I wasnt sure what this post was about.  My mom uses it as a euphamism for poor people food.

"if you are that broke there is always potato soup.  You dont need food stamps."

I know what you are thinking but she means well.  She also considers restraunts that have paper napkins poor people food.

medicmommy06
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Thanks!

Quoting luv2nap:

Quoting medicmommy06:

Yeah I tried googling it and I'm too lazy to weed through all the recipes I found! I read about 10 and all of them were either beyond my skill level (and I like to think I'm a pretty savvy cook) or just had too many ingredients. I'd rather spend time on CM than weeding through all those recipes lol

Quoting luv2nap:

there are many recipes just google..... but make sure it has bacon and cheese in it LOL 

luv2nap
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM

tell us how it goes!!!  Good Luck!!!  Good eats!!! 

Quoting medicmommy06:

Thanks!

Quoting luv2nap:

Quoting medicmommy06:

Quoting luv2nap:

Luv2nap ~ "I'm just say'n" kiss mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)