Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the Record...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
4 moms liked this

Since I see a LOT of drama about it, I just wanted to point out that the majority of people that get FS, don't get enough to supply their families with an entire months worth of food, so they make up for it by buying food with money from their own wallets too. How do you all know that they aren't buying fresh fruits/veggies out of pocket? Seriously. I have no problem seeing parents buying candy for stockings, easter baskets, etc. Just because they need some help financially, doesn't mean their children don't deserve sweets too. Also, many people who get PA also have jobs and pay taxes. So all of the high and mighty "that's my tax money" people drive me insane. No it's THEIR tax money too. Unless EVERYONE that gets PA are being paid under the table, that is a ridiculous tactic to use. Have a nice day!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SavageCarnation
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Yup. You never know someone's story...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeandmomof2.5
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  I have bought stocking stuffers on my card before.  I have always worked when we were getting food stamps.  My husband and I both have jobs but we are still within the income requirements so why not use the help?  If we didnt some deadbeat would!

Sweets27
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM
My grandma is 80 yrs old and gets fs. She doesn't get enough so she pays the difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
x_Starr_x
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 8:43 PM
HELL TO THE YA SISTER!!!!!! I work full time and so does my husband but we still need help and my tax money goes right back out for stuff like that i get sick of the judgement too but well said!
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Nov. 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Quoting SavageCarnation:

Yup. You never know someone's story...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM

preach it!

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM

My family is a family of 5 and we only get 60.00 for FS. That's not even 2 weeks worth of food for us. The girls eat a lot since they're growing and super active. I've had to buy some stocking stuffers with my FS. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Really? We're a family of 6 & qualify for $560. To all of the haters...we eats tons of fruits and veggies, thanks.

Quoting 3_girls_86:

My family is a family of 5 and we only get 60.00 for FS. That's not even 2 weeks worth of food for us. The girls eat a lot since they're growing and super active. I've had to buy some stocking stuffers with my FS. 

cali_gyrl626
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM

There's nothing wrong with getting foodstamps... people should be getting their money back from the government any which way they can...unfortunately we can only get back so much and yet it still isn't enough for the family.  YAY FOR FOODSTAMPS!!  

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Yeah it sucks! They say we are right at the limit of not getting them. I have thought about just not getting them anymore because it doesn't to a whole lot with the girls and as much as they eat. I used to get almost $300 for all 5 of us and nothing has changed since then except out rent went UP  $300 so you'd think we'd get more not less. But that's ok because I'm paying some stuff off with taxes and (hopefully) we won't need them anymore. 

and when we got $300 we ate a lot of fruit and veggies. It's healthier for the kids then Top Ramen that most think we should have to buy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? We're a family of 6 & qualify for $560. To all of the haters...we eats tons of fruits and veggies, thanks.

Quoting 3_girls_86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured