Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Self....

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:14 AM
  • 6 Replies

Dear self,

Dump your high school boyfriend when you move 650 miles away for college. You have seperation anxiety, don't be stupid and think you can make this work. Also, don't drop out of college to work two jobs because your college boyfriend lost his job. Again. Move back in with your roommate who misses you and kick the moocher to the curb. Dropping out 5 classes away from a degree is a BAD IDEA!

Moving back to your home town is a great idea, AFTER YOU GRADUATE COLLEGE, but don't plan on staying. Meet the man you're going to marry and make sure he knows you're not joking when you say you want to move to Atlanta. You know this military town sucks, why would you stay when there's nothing forcing you to?

Gabe is trouble. Hear that? TROUBLE. You knew that the minute you met him. The fact that your brain didn't allow you to notice that he sat next to you for 6 months in science class was a hint. Quit letting him into your life.  Especially since your future husband doesn't want you talking to him.

Lastly, your mother had 4 c-sections because her pelvis was too small for the babies to fit through. Your doctors are going to recommend a c-section. Your mother and your pharmacist are going to recommend a c-section. Listen to them, they know more about this than you.

Love,

Me

*PS* Gabe is trouble!

So, what would you say to your younger self if you could?

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 30, 2016 at 4:40 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2016 at 4:47 AM
Random

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2016 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing, my younger self wouldn't listen to my older self anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 30, 2016 at 4:55 AM
Not really random just what happens when boredom kicks in and you see an interesting post.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Random

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2016 at 4:56 AM
I probably would have ignored myself anyway, but if I could say something to myself it would be to quit trying with my kids dad after our dd was born and to let him fend for himself. I would work harder to find my first love. We didn't break up, but his family moved away and we had no way to contact one another as my grandmother never allowed me to give him the house phone number. This was before email and pagers.
Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2016 at 5:06 AM

Quoting Silvermoon2386:

So, what would you say to your younger self if you could?

Dear Self,

When your mother mentions that as a child you were hyperactive, show some interest and learn about it.   If you do, you'll discover that ADHD often affects adults too, and you'll have a much easier time at university.

Clairwil

PS  The "oh, I never feel angry" thing?   Untrue.   It just means you've really buried something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)