Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

his family wants to take our son because we want to move

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

so me and my df were talking about moving to a different state when we save up enough money (or even out of the country if possible) and so were looking for apartments just for fun for now and his family comes over unexpectedly and sees us looking at places in iowa (my df LOVES slipknot so he wanted me to look at places where the band formed lol) and they started screaming at him in spanish so i had no idea what they were saying until they stormed off, my df translated for me and his parents said "why would you take our only grandchild we get to see away from us your so selfish! if you move we'll fight you for rights to him". his dad called mine and told him everything and my dad called me after and yells at me such a fun evening 

and to be honest i just laughed at what they said and so did my df....so my confession is that the ONLY reason were going to move out of state is to get away from our families and the drama

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

bump

elizabeth.mary
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Unless you're unfit parents they can't get rights to your son...that's just stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM

LMAO  gotta love family!

Mommaof2_11
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Well I know in colorado the only way a grand parent has a right to the child is if the parent is dead or if they can prove you are an un-fit parent. And im sure its hard on them but its your child and you two should do what you want.

CocoBeen
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Where in Iowa were you looking. I love it here. Other than the winter lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HappyMama85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Coming from someone who just moved 9 hrs away from my family with my 2 year old and another on the way I am so sorry your family is reacting that way! It's foolish though, they could never take away your son for simply moving. Are they that stupid? I would wanna move too! You have to do you! You only live once! ;)

vreed0608
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I'd take my baby and run.  I hate drama too and for them to tell you they'd take your child is pushing it too far.  You're a better woman than me because I'd have told off his family and mine.  GL, and the farther away the better.

krisytina03
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Yep, unless you guys are unfit parents, they don't have a leg to stand on. This is a decision that the both of you make and they must either learn to live with that decision or get out of your lives. It's sad, but we face that same drama when we have to tell our families that we are moving to California.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Oh gosh, they were just upset. Once your a grandparent maybe you will understand. Why would you move somewhere just fo a band though?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Quoting CocoBeen:

Where in Iowa were you looking. I love it here. Other than the winter lol

just where ever is less money lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)