Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He caught me in bed with his brother..

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM
  • 30 Replies

is that the kind of title i need in order to get some advice?! come on ladies, give all the trolls a minute to reboot and think of some good stories, meanwhile help me out here!

Little back ground story....

My oldest ,who is 2 years old, started sleeping in his own "big boy bed" about a year or more ago. He would take a bath, brush his teeth and we would read a few book, say goodnight kiss and he would lay down and go to sleep, i could even turn the light off and shut the door. Easy Peasy......

NOW:

Right after the baby was born my oldest got sick, he had a high fever and just felt misarbale, i gave him some fever reducer and was about to start reading books, but Daddy said "Oh come on mommy let him sleep with mommy and daddy tonight".  I said i didnt think it was a good idea because, i felt if he did

1. wouldnt wanna go back to his own room.

and

2. he would notice his baby brother was in there and feel he should be aloud to sleep in there too...

and i was right, he has been in our room for 7 months now sleeping on the floor next to the bed ( i have a bed made up for him hes not just on the hard floor) and the baby sleeps at the end of the bed in a bassinet.

I told my self as soon as the baby sleeps all night and we get another heater i would put them in their own  bedroom. Baby still doesnt sleep all night but only gets up once to eat ( how to i get him to stop?)   

My confession... I cried all night because DH said we are putting them in their own room tonight.... i cant believe its bugging me this much, but it is, They're just BABIES! I feel bad putting them in a  room all by themselves.... how to i get over this, i know it sounds silly but i truly feel like a piece of shit over this....

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM

rolling on floor

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel like a piece of shit. Sometimes when it's reasonable you need to put your foot down as a parent so that they learn. Otherwise who knows your kids could sleep with you until they are way older. Plus you and your boyfriend/husband need your own time, and when you have young kids sometimes night time is all you have. Your kids won't love you any less for having them in their own room. I know moms who breastfed until their kids were 3 and their kids are going on ten now and they still sleep with them. DON'T BE THAT MOM lol.

CafeMom Tickers
Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:32 AM

lol yea i definitely dont want to that mom, i forgot to mention that my oldest also had night terrors. they are much less now then they use to be but they arent fun what so ever.  Because he has these, hes scared to be in his room, but im hoping with the baby in there also he will be happier with it, i think im just so use to them being in there that i dont wanna have them in a different room lol

Quoting hp2011:

Don't feel like a piece of shit. Sometimes when it's reasonable you need to put your foot down as a parent so that they learn. Otherwise who knows your kids could sleep with you until they are way older. Plus you and your boyfriend/husband need your own time, and when you have young kids sometimes night time is all you have. Your kids won't love you any less for having them in their own room. I know moms who breastfed until their kids were 3 and their kids are going on ten now and they still sleep with them. DON'T BE THAT MOM lol.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Yeah I get it.. maybe you could try getting a white noise maker or a night light? He might feel safer sharing a room with the baby, you won't know until you try.

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

lol yea i definitely dont want to that mom, i forgot to mention that my oldest also had night terrors. they are much less now then they use to be but they arent fun what so ever.  Because he has these, hes scared to be in his room, but im hoping with the baby in there also he will be happier with it, i think im just so use to them being in there that i dont wanna have them in a different room lol

Quoting hp2011:

CafeMom Tickers
Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:54 AM

BUMP!

Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM

BUMP!

smushy79
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:52 AM

You will be ok. Promise :)

It may take a little while for everyone to get used to the change but soon you will feel better about it. I agree, the kids need to learn that they have their own room and their own space and you and your DH need your own space/time as well.

Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:17 AM

i admit i am looking forward to have sex in my own bed instead on in the guest bedroom or in the living room after the kids are in bed lol

Quoting smushy79:

You will be ok. Promise :)

It may take a little while for everyone to get used to the change but soon you will feel better about it. I agree, the kids need to learn that they have their own room and their own space and you and your DH need your own space/time as well.

TDausman
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:25 AM
My one year old spends most of the night in our bed and ny 4 1/2 year old sleeps on the floor in my room about half the time. So, I'm no help. The older one gets lonely and afraid of the dark in his room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erika_Wheeler09
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM

thats where im at, my oldest is afraid to be in the room out of no where! he is scared of every thing all of a sudden and i have NO clue why, i have never told him about monsters or being afraid of the dark and all of a sudden he thinks monsters are every where, he also has night terrors so i think that has alot to do with him not wanting to be in a bedroom with out mom and dad , but im thinking if his brother is in there he will give it a try he loves doing every thing with his little brother.. so im hoping for the best.

Quoting TDausman:

My one year old spends most of the night in our bed and ny 4 1/2 year old sleeps on the floor in my room about half the time. So, I'm no help. The older one gets lonely and afraid of the dark in his room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)