Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So grateful for assistance!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM
  • 44 Replies
9 moms liked this

In light of all the hating on people with assistance I felt the need to express my gratitude. Here goes!

I'm so very grateful that I live in a community where the leaders had the foresight to institute a network for assistance for those in need! The food on my plate is there due to the grace of my fellow man, and I whisper a word of thanks every time a morsel enters my mouth and every time I swipe my blue card through the reader. Thanks to DSHS my family can eat and almost pay the bills. If we did not have this help we would not be able to pull ourselves out of the mud. We would be on the street corner begging instead of going to school and raising our daughter. There would be no job hunt, for there would be no way for our child to be kept safe and happy while we are pounding the pavement. It would be a long dismal road to nothingness. I'd probably run in front of a bus...

So thank you, community! Thank you for caring about me, because I sure do care about you! Since we are so close to Thanksgiving I'd like to see the posts stick to thanks (not just for assistance, and on a side note.. I was grateful for PA way before I needed it. I was grateful that my fellow man was able to get help when needed). But I'm not the boss of you...

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsallabtthem84
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
**hands you a cookie**

^^Sorry had to^^

Glad you are grateful and doing what you need to that way your family eats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRockett
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I LOVE COOKIES!!! OMG!! I call myself the cookie monster!

TwinsFanMama
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome :)

Good luck to you and your family in reaching your goals and making a better life for yourselves. I wish you well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pugqueenie13
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I not affraid to reply I too am grateful to my community
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nbarnes0018
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Me and my family are on assistance too and I'm grateful for it too. It keeps my son full and me and my husband feed enough to care for our son. I too am very grateful.

CafeMom Tickers
mrssmitley1210
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I have just recently applied to get back on and am thankful I have that ability because it means I can stay home with my poor son who was born in repritory distress and still know that I can put a healthy meal on my kids plate each night. If I did not have that ability it was a very good possibility he would have ended up with RSV. He was already coming down with bronchilitis at just 3 months old the week before I quit my job. We had savings, it got spent on taking him to the ER 3 times and my husband had 911 called for him at work 2 in the last month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Glad that my hard working husband and I are putting food on your table while our family goes without because we make to much money to qualify for shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I was the same way 2 years ago when I had to get on FS. It was because of them that my children ALWAYS had full tummies! I'm glad I got off of it but even more glad that they were there to help me when I needed it the most

CafeMom Tickers
Ladywithtwo
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Learn to coupon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad that my hard working husband and I are putting food on your table while our family goes without because we make to much money to qualify for shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rayven729
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

learn to coupon..

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)