Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So grateful for assistance!

Posted by   + Show Post

In light of all the hating on people with assistance I felt the need to express my gratitude. Here goes!

I'm so very grateful that I live in a community where the leaders had the foresight to institute a network for assistance for those in need! The food on my plate is there due to the grace of my fellow man, and I whisper a word of thanks every time a morsel enters my mouth and every time I swipe my blue card through the reader. Thanks to DSHS my family can eat and almost pay the bills. If we did not have this help we would not be able to pull ourselves out of the mud. We would be on the street corner begging instead of going to school and raising our daughter. There would be no job hunt, for there would be no way for our child to be kept safe and happy while we are pounding the pavement. It would be a long dismal road to nothingness. I'd probably run in front of a bus...

So thank you, community! Thank you for caring about me, because I sure do care about you! Since we are so close to Thanksgiving I'd like to see the posts stick to thanks (not just for assistance, and on a side note.. I was grateful for PA way before I needed it. I was grateful that my fellow man was able to get help when needed). But I'm not the boss of you...

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Replies (41-44):
MamaRockett
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM
I'm glad to see the amount of hate is outweighed by the amount of gratitude being expressed. I have a question for those of you who are anti PA. What do you propose as a better solution to the problem of poverty? Please don't fall back on the tired old, get a job line. I'm ok with the idea of increasing jobs so people can get employed, just not the idea of magical employment from nowhere.
MamaRockett
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Oh, I'm SO sorry, let me restate it correctly for you.

I have one pair of jeans. I have six pairs of underwear. I have one pair of shoes. I have one pair of boots. I have some tank tops that were passed down to me. I have three paintings. This is almost ALL that I have to call my own. How dare you come onto my post and start bashing me anonymously when your husband is employed? How dare you? My boyfriend was employed as a carpenter, but no one has a job anymore so no one wants to build anything anymore, so he hasn't got a job anymore. That's why he's going back to school and we're on assistance. THANK YOUR LUCKY FUCKING STARS THAT HE STILL HAS A FUCKING JOB!

Quoting Anonymous:

Who said he was running a business? I said he worked. The phone/car belongs to the business he works for.

Quoting MamaRockett:

Quoting Anonymous:

Its a business phone so I don't pay for it. We do coupon. We don't have cable. Our car is my husbands company car. And we don't buy anything but what's needed. Thanks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very grateful for our community food bank and just getting on FS to get us through until the new year when DH will get his OT back at work.

MamaRockett
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Yeah, my boyfriend is looking for an internship. Hopefully PAID so we can get off assistance and he can finally take me on a fancy date where he proposes to me. OMG I WANT TO LIVE BETTER SO BAADDD!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm very grateful for our community food bank and just getting on FS to get us through until the new year when DH will get his OT back at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)