Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food stamps, welfare, tax dollars ohh my!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
18 moms liked this
So sick of these kind of posts! Some of you bitches need to fall on hard times and see how shameful it truely is to be on these programs.

I do in fact work. Therefore my "tax dollars" do go into the system

I do receive food stamps simply because I qualify for them

I do not spend what I get ($433 a month for my SO, 3 children, and myself) on solely junk and crap food

If some of you read the programs guidelines and such you will see that it states that "the total amount is not set to live ONLY on assistance, but to help families get by. Those families are going to have to spend some cash during that month"

Yes, I receive free medical care. I have children who need a healthy mother to care for them

Not every single person on public assistance is a lazy, no good system abuser

With that being said, I hope some of you ladies with all that pride fall off of your high horses and need help with the system. Lets see what happens when both you AND your husband get laid off around the same time and live in a place where the "good" jobs are scarce so then you're forced to work a part time/minimum wage job just to pay your bills.

It happend to me. The shitty jobs we have are not enough to pay the rent, utilities, phone bills, child care, car insurance, and an ample supply of food. I swallowed my pride and applied for assistance. When it comes to your family, you'd do the same and if not then IN MY OPINION you're a horrible person.

Ok! Rant over!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Very well put. However, I'm sure we both know that those who bash on people like us don't have enough of a heart and/or brain to consider others' situations before judging. When I read the hateful comments, I secretly hope they know what it's like to be in my shoes one day. I have done everything I have ever been told I needed to do in order to be successful. I study, hard. I go to school FT. I take care of my daughters, and stay home with them, not b/c I chose to, but b/c daycare would cost more than I can bring in. Not to mention they would be raised by someone other than me. I hate the generalizations Republicans make about people on assistance. 

kzuehlk
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:45 AM
7 moms liked this

I'd be careful about wishing ill on other people, no matter how prideful they are. Karma has claws and teeth.

mrssmitley1210
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:50 AM

My husband technically qualified for retirement at 25. If thats not a hard working man who has paid his dues into the government (and still is) then I dunno who has. We dont even use everything were given. I got emergency stamps in April and got $660. That lasted me until August. That was all we got too. We didnt get more added on each month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:55 AM
You are right and its sad to read those nasty remarks. I despise being on PA. But if I wasnt, I would starve because I for damn sure will NEVER let my children's tummies ache

Quoting Anonymous:

Very well put. However, I'm sure we both know that those who bash on people like us don't have enough of a heart and/or brain to consider others' situations before judging. When I read the hateful comments, I secretly hope they know what it's like to be in my shoes one day. I have done everything I have ever been told I needed to do in order to be successful. I study, hard. I go to school FT. I take care of my daughters, and stay home with them, not b/c I chose to, but b/c daycare would cost more than I can bring in. Not to mention they would be raised by someone other than me. I hate the generalizations Republicans make about people on assistance. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:57 AM

stfu

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Still on your horse? Hmm...

Quoting Anonymous:

stfu

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2011 at 1:02 AM
The "ill" has happened to me and I've paid for it

Quoting kzuehlk:

I'd be careful about wishing ill on other people, no matter how prideful they are. Karma has claws and teeth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 1:56 AM

We've all been there at some point in time. Hoping other people have to feel the same pain you have endured doesn't help anyone

Quoting Anonymous:

The "ill" has happened to me and I've paid for it

Quoting kzuehlk:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't wish this upon anyone. That is not right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)