Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM Confession

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I know I'm lucky to be a SAHM. However I don't like it. I liked working, knowing I worked hard for my money. I'm getting a part time job after the holidays.

by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladywithtwo
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM
If I wasn't in school now also, i'd lose my mind being a SAHM only. I am lucky too but I know what you mean!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Ziller
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Yeah. I plan on going to online college when my son starts school, then after I graduate, getting a full time job.

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

If I wasn't in school now also, i'd lose my mind being a SAHM only. I am lucky too but I know what you mean!

Krystle21
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Working is nice but staying home with the kids is nice too. I wish I could've stayed home with my kids when they were smaller (they'll be in school next year) but I'm a single mommy so I have no choice but to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:43 PM

We are backwards. I want to stay home! I work full time and I'm dying(it's 3rd shift) I pray that I can win the lottery and be able to stay home :-/

MJDC
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM
I work harder now than I did working outside the home lol I must say getting paid with hugs and kisses are nice but I really want to get a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ickybanana
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I plan on starting online school here soon, and then when my son starts school I am getting  a job. He's going to be my one and only child so I am not worried about having more children and finding a sitter. I am very fortunate to be able to stay at home with my son now, and I love it! When he's not at home though I don't want to sit in an empty house lol.

mommybug77
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:39 AM
It is not for everyone. I have been one for over 12 years now and would not trade it for anything.
MegG25
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM

When I worked full time I hated it!  I wanted to be home so bad!  Then when I was able to be home I realized that I wasn't cut out for that either lol.. working part time is absolutely perfect for me.  I get a break, get adult time, and I miss my kids so much so I don't take them for granted when I am home.

newfound09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't like being a SAHM, but I do it because it cuts out the cost of daycare and transportation to and from work (which in my area is at least 45 min one way). It also gives me the opportunity to pursue my degree. 

MissLeanna
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:55 AM
I wanna be a sahm :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN