Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

smoke

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

i smoke and i am 14 weeks pregnant. doc tells me to quit like its just that easy. i have been smoking for 17 years.! i have cut down alot but have yet to completely quit. any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
andreamarie
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:48 PM

well, now DRs say to cut down to the point of quiting.

so basicly weaning yourself.

if you just cut it cold turkey you can make the baby ill.

(or so they say)

im not a dr or a smoker...sooo just keep cuttin down?

CleverNameHere
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:48 PM

What about an e-cig?  I know many people report success with them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

im a pregnant smoker too...i know where youre coming from...e-cigs arent that great IMO(i also smoke menthol)..but im sure itd be less harmful for the baby..so im switching...you should try that :) GL

momof52011
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM

You're doing a great job by cutting down, contrary to popular belief just stopping is NOT good for the baby, just keep cutting it down by a little bit a day. Good luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kendallsmama15
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant after smoking for 10 years, it can be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I was never able to fully quit, but I cut down as much as possible. Just keep cutting down. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:59 PM

i smoke menthol as well. have had 3 ciggs since 730am

Quoting Anonymous:

im a pregnant smoker too...i know where youre coming from...e-cigs arent that great IMO(i also smoke menthol)..but im sure itd be less harmful for the baby..so im switching...you should try that :) GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

i know a couple of women who never quit during their pregnancies and their babies were healthy and weighed pretty big 8-9 lbs. i am now currently 37 weeks pregnant and have cut out all cigarettes but i understand the frustration of trying to quit and feeling like you can't. its taken me this long to do so. i feel horrible but my babies heart rate is perfect, he's measuring right on track, and from the ultrasound he has everything he needs to grow so i'm not stressing about it too much. i'm not fulling supporting other women to smoke regularly, i believe that quitting would be much better for the baby but don't feel bad if you have a cigarette here or there. but id definitely try to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)