Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Leave Him or Take Him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Read the whole thing before replying......

I'm wanting to leave my dh; however, I don't have a job. My only job experience is sales and retail. I can't make a lot of money doing that. I have a 1 1/2 yr old son to support if I do leave. I'm going to sound terrible by saying this, but I'm thinking of giving custody over to dh.... Here are my reasons:

He makes good money

He will have a male role model

My only fear is that if I do tell him I'm leaving that he will just sign his rights away. He has threatened to both take my son away from me completely and/or sign away his rights, so that he doesn't have to pay a penny to me. I know how much of a struggle it can be to be a single parent. My mom raised myself and my brother on her own without any help from our father. I'm just scared shitless, I guess, to do it myself.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tat2ma0825
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I could never leave my kids...EVER

momof3superkids
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM

My kids are my world and I would find a way to keep them and not give full custody to my dh if I was in your situation.

supermumof3
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM

I would live in a shoe box before I gave my kids up. If he makes good money, he should be helping you provide for your son and if you got a job, between the two, you should be able to get by. If he;s working how much time will be devoted to your son really ? I also think all men threaten their wife to take the kids. It has nothign to do with wanting them really. They jsut want to hurt you. And this is the eaiest way to get to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM
I couldn't leave my kids, but you have to do what's best for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think he can sign his rights away without your permission.  I could be wrong though.  Leave, file for divorce, custody and child support.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see a problem (as long as he is capable of caring for him). What's best for your son should be your main concern.. and if it's living with dad then so be it. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I understand that if he's working, he might not devote a lot of time to him. That has crossed my mind, but I'm at fits whether or not I should let him have custody. I love my son, and I would hate to do that, but I have to think of what's best for him too. I just have to figure something out. My fear is that when I leave I have nowhere to go and no money. I would have to take money out of his savings in order to leave and live and support our son until everything is in order with our divorce.

Quoting supermumof3:

I would live in a shoe box before I gave my kids up. If he makes good money, he should be helping you provide for your son and if you got a job, between the two, you should be able to get by. If he;s working how much time will be devoted to your son really ? I also think all men threaten their wife to take the kids. It has nothign to do with wanting them really. They jsut want to hurt you. And this is the eaiest way to get to you.

supermumof3
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand that if he's working, he might not devote a lot of time to him. That has crossed my mind, but I'm at fits whether or not I should let him have custody. I love my son, and I would hate to do that, but I have to think of what's best for him too. I just have to figure something out. My fear is that when I leave I have nowhere to go and no money. I would have to take money out of his savings in order to leave and live and support our son until everything is in order with our divorce.

Quoting supermumof3:

Then why leave right now ? is he abusive ? if not, then come up with a better plan to get out on your own and find a job. I would wait before I left my kid behind. What is motivating you to need to leave now ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

sorry im no help im in the same situation other then my son wouldnt be going to his dad he would be going to his godparents.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I'd opt for:  Getting a job, any job I could get. Taking care of my son the best of my ability. Working hard to earn raises and promotions or while working try to get an education so I could get an even better job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN